Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-03-2015 01:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
HELP, I posted in the pictures. My PC quilt for a Day Bed grew in size to 100 inches down and 108 inches across...could I trim back a row of cowboys on the fence and gain that loss of four and one half inches??
[ATTACH=CONFIG]526847[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]526848[/ATTACH]Thanks for your opinions that I value highly.

dublb 08-03-2015 01:28 PM

Oh Jan I just love your Steelers quilt!
Sue! I love your PC quilt! I have to get mine out & get it done! The only problem I see w/your size is: will you be able to get long enough batting for it? If not go ahead & take a row of cowboys foo of the top & bottom. Other wise I like 'em & would want to leave 'em.

janRN 08-03-2015 01:47 PM

I love your PC quilt, QNS but I would take a row of cowboys off. They really add a lot to the finished quilt--it's perfect border fabric but I think there are too many of them. (Can one have too many cowboys LOL???) I forgot how much I like the PC quilt. Great job QNS.

Anne, in block #4 I pressed the seams open in those tiny corners. One of mine needs redone--the point is into the seam allowance and will get cut off.

Honchey 08-03-2015 03:33 PM

Memories, sweet memories....Love your quilt QNS and I agree with taking off the extra border..Just too many cowboys...Love the print tho !

JeanieG 08-03-2015 03:57 PM

Oh my, QNS, your Pony Club Quilt is awesome. I love the sashing you did, looks so mannish (is that a word)!

QuiltingNinaSue 08-03-2015 04:19 PM

Guess I am wrong again. Nan moved my quilt from pictures to main and everyone seems to think I should remove the cowboys and insert a yellow/brown border first...maybe just put the distracting cowboys in the corners only. Need to sleep on that. It highlighted the western theme to me....to have the cowboys on the border. It is for our DGS, so wanted it to look 'mannish'. Thanks for all you input and encouragement.

carriem 08-03-2015 04:53 PM

Jan...what a fun gift!

QNS...Your blocks look great. The cowboys are fun, but I think a little too busy. Can't wait to see what you you come up with. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-04-2015 06:24 AM

Few ideas are bouncing around in my head, so leaving it hang in the hallway, and proceed on other WIP to finish as soon as I can. A small braid of yellow/gold with brown border then a single row of cowboys might work...or straight pieces of two and one half inches of the gold/yellow piece then same of brown and then cowboys but that would not reduce the size of the total inches each way on the quilt. Onward with other WIPs.

QuiltingNinaSue 08-06-2015 01:57 PM

finally got the tomatoes canned for today...15 quart and 5 pints. Island sinks are full of more tomatoes to do. So happy I found a source for the tomatoes....in a couple or three weeks, I will have canned all we need for this winter. . Have enough meat canned now. But the grapes, apples and pears and pumpkins will be coming on.

janRN 08-06-2015 05:14 PM

Glad you're having success with your gardening & canning, QNS. Alas, my feeble attempt with 2 pepper plants only succeeded in making the bunnies happy. They got both of them. Thank goodness we have a weekly Farmers Market I can get to.