Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 07-20-2016 12:04 PM

It is so hot here, the hens are using hotpad to eat their worms.:D

JuneBillie 07-20-2016 01:41 PM

I am staying inside until later, and then I want to pick a few more black berries.

sewbizgirl 07-20-2016 07:52 PM

Well yes thank you, my quilt did win. I was so disappointed in the prize that I was in shock all afternoon. Not good. I'm afraid I'm going to have to complain to the RxR organizers because they don't seem to know what they are supposed to do at that shop. But I'm happy to be done and win. I left the quilt there to go on display because I feel it deserved to. I hope others enjoy it all summer and become inspired to make one too.

Now I want some patterns from last year to do a 'water quilt', since I didn't participate last year. Anybody have any to share?

oksewglad 07-20-2016 10:51 PM

Sorry your prize wasn't what you expected, SBG..here we have 25 solid FQ'S waiting to be claimed...I can send you the water lily pattern from my LQS from last year...pm me your email address

I fail at making biscuits...maybe with your recipe I won't... thanks Nina.

We didn't get the expected storms as predicted....wish the extreme heat advisory tomorrow would be the same, but think that prediction is going to prove true....

I pulled out a UFO to finish...a cow that was tail less...she now has a tail, grass under her feet, and 2 rows of pinwheels above her head...so now she needs some features...eyes etc...I want this done before DS#2 and family come in 2 weeks as it's for DGD...she's the first to call us Gma and Gpa Cow...

Honchey 07-21-2016 07:10 AM

I have a pair of feet bottom side up with bubbles all around..Have to look for it..PM me your email addy..

dublb 07-21-2016 06:30 PM

I am still packing. I so want to sew tonight but am just way too tired. I have a table runner calling my name & it is even cut out already. Sigh.

sewbizgirl 07-21-2016 08:38 PM

Sorry Bev... hope you find some time to sew soon.

givio 07-22-2016 07:53 AM

SBG, I got the package of scraps from you! Thanks so much! Just the ticket for starting another FW block this weekend. :-)

QuiltingNinaSue 07-22-2016 07:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Need your opinions on Group A or Group B for a four pieces of 4.5 inches set together to form a block...in Group B tell me red or brown as the fourth square. please:[ATTACH=CONFIG]554413[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]554412[/ATTACH] Maybe either one would do....or both in two different quilts. Thanks for sharing your thoughts to help me decide.

JuneBillie 07-22-2016 04:56 PM

I received license plates from QNS today since hubby went to the post office. With things that go on we don't go every day, and out in the boonies. The license plates are so pretty. Thank you so much dear QNS.

I also received a license plate from Givio, and it also is so so pretty. Thank you so much dear Givio. I am getting ready to mail your scraps out.

I was going to post pictures tonight of these, but I had one more to take and batteries have to be replaced so I will post the pics tomorrow. :)

SBG, congratulations on winning on your row by row quilt. It sure deserves it. I am sorry to hear they did not have the appropriate prize for the winner. I haven't been to these things as all of you, but I can appreciate hearing of everything as I am learning more of how many of these things work.

While watching the convention works going on, I have been hand sewing on blocks for another quilt we need for our bed. I take after my grand father who always watched those type things. I watch both sides. I remember how he always stopped his work outside after he retired to watch the nightly news. That is when it was a daily certain amount of time for it, unlike today where it runs 24/7. He also watched every minute I think of when the Watergate trials were going on. He just liked to keep informed I guess. I find myself doing that now, so it's his fault. hehe....

Have a great weekend girls. :)