Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 07-24-2016 04:24 PM

Did anyone here spot the error in the trellis quilt????

oksewglad 07-24-2016 05:22 PM

Do we get a prize if we do?....the answer is no..

Cow quilt is glue basted...first time I have used Elmer's to do it....

JeanieG 07-24-2016 06:46 PM

No QNS - did not notice an error!

OK - I've used Elmers to baste my quilts for several years. Works great!

sewbizgirl 07-24-2016 07:39 PM

No, I didn't see any error in the Trellis quilt. Busy quilts hide a multitude of sins!

carriem 07-25-2016 03:48 AM

Hi Ladies--

Just getting a chance to check in after a while away from the boards. QNS--the trellis quilt turned out beautifully. OK--I saw a quilt top on the UFO board that looks good too! I am sure others have been getting projects done too, I just didn't get a chance to go through every page since it has been a bit since I've been here.

I am no longer working at the insurance office and I started selling Pampered Chef kitchen tools (eventually want to have just 1 party a week)....the "regular" hours of the office weren't working out well with kids' schedules. I have been able to get a little card making and more sewing done in the last couple weeks. It has been really nice to be able to relax. This week my goal is to start a little more structured routine so I can get more done on my days home....can't sit around on the computer quite so much or spend all my other time in the craft room as much as I'd like. :) I am going to spend some time each day cleaning out drawers, cupboards and closets. School starts here in about a month I want to get the house in order before that. Archery tournaments are still part of our lives...at least one tournament a month.

I hope all are well and that I can stay in touch a little better.

sewbizgirl 07-25-2016 02:43 PM

I got two fun plates in the mail today, "Chocolate Kiss" from JeanieG, and "Proquiltinator" from Honchey. Thank you ladies! I bought that pattern for a tote bag for the plates... now I have to make some.

Honchey 07-25-2016 03:57 PM

Hi Everyone, Just checking in and glad to hear from you Carrie..

Nina, The Trellis Quilt turned out great..Very colorful..

I also got a plate from Jeanie today, real cute..

It finally rained late this afternoon..Didn't like the lightning & thunder that came with it.. It did cool down with it..

Have a good evening all..H.

QuiltingNinaSue 07-26-2016 07:14 AM

Hot, hot and hot here. Little ducks are learning how to line up in a row to be sprinnkled by the water hose several times a day. Guess that means we have our ducks line lined up.

Yes, Jeanie I got your 'license plate' and I love it.Although I did not get as many as I would have liked, what I got was wonderful. I see a handbag in my future.

h I did not get the number of plates I was expecting too, what I got was wonderful. I do think I see a big handbag in my future. The purple/green/black trellis quilt is done and Savannah is almost done. Just adding the slashing and cornerstones and border.

Everyone keep safe from the heat and enjoy the day.

JuneBillie 07-26-2016 07:24 AM

Just a quick line. Givio I have your fabric scraps together, but it will be just a bit longer before I send them out due to us girls getting a call about our dad that is in the nursing home. His kidneys are failing him so they don't expect him to live long. I stayed over there all night, and home for the night to rest and get some sleep before going back over.

Appreciate any prayers.
Susan

Honchey 07-26-2016 08:12 AM

Nina, I haven't sent plates to you as I'm still collecting them...

Jeanie, yours will be on it's way in a day or two..

I'm thinking of starting a "follow along" thread for the Gypsy Wife Quilt...The pattern is expensive... I went on the sewitsforsale site on Yahoo and got mine there from someone that was willing to part with it at a much reduced price.
Anyone wanting to follow along? I'm thinking of starting it this coming September after Labor day...