Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 03-19-2013 06:15 PM

Thanks for the vote of Grandma, OksoGlad!!. Grey hair, round belly, and a heart that loves all kids. Send a box, 12x12x10, off to grandson today filled with bluejeans and sweat pants his size...and his blue pair that got left here. Love the tales of all Grandmothers on PC about their gk or Mothers about their kids and the pictures are all priceless!!
Maybe someday i can meet some of these special children!! The future is not ours to see!

dublb 03-19-2013 06:36 PM

I'm almost through w/my MB but not quit there yet. I have no problem gittin' Aprils out earlier.

JeanieG 03-19-2013 07:14 PM

A question for Anne! Does the person sending the block post the photo of what she sent after the recipient receives it, or does the recipient take and post a photo? I'm kind of confused on how you want that to work.

Honchey 03-19-2013 07:29 PM

I'm thinking that I wanted the sender to have a photo in case of an emergency...lost block, damaged block etc...I think it would be best for the person receiving the block should post a photo of it unless she cannot do it then the sender can post it for her...OK ??

mirabelle 03-19-2013 07:37 PM

JeanieG I think the recipient was to take the photo and post it, is that right Anne?? We just send a photo to Anael if we want her to see what we are making for our mystery person..

My March block should be somewhere in the US now or maybe Canada:D:D who knows?????

I tried to take a photo of my Tristan threads but the flash is bouncing back at me, so imagine that I bought 6 reels of variegated rainbow threads and 6 reels of a beige, not really exciting until I get to use them. Also someone asked me what threads I was using on the Butterfly quilt. The main body is being quilting in a thread called Magnifico, it has a lovely shine to it and with the background fabric being Fairy Frost it is a match made in heaven. The coloured squares are being quilted in a King Tut thread called Jewel of the Nile, purples, greens, yellows and blue vareigated.

QuiltE just felt like I needed a break from the heavy duty quilting so decided to make my April MB, should have stuck with the quilting.:D Will definitely NOT be making a 6 inch block with this pattern 132 pieces in 6 inches spells nervous breakdown to me.:D Friday I plan on getting back to the quilt, DH went back to work today so the house is quiet again.

Have a great day everyone

mirabelle 03-19-2013 07:38 PM

Sorry Anne we posted at the same time

Honchey 03-19-2013 07:46 PM

You're right Mirabelle, sometimes I need help to clarify my original thoughts...

QuiltE 03-19-2013 08:21 PM

Oh such good news that the MBs will be in the mail ASAP!!!!!!!!! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait! ........ I guess I will have to ! :D

JanRN
... what's up with all this work? staff all sick with the plague? or off on holidays to the sunny south? Though I know you are glad to make the extra $$ to save for your spree in Cleveland! :)

OKSGlad ... don't get your hopes up for a quick finale! :D Although I was thinking tonight, I could get the sashings/cornerstones on fast enough. The slow part will be to decide on placement ... want to come and help me with that step? I'm wondering if I could be ready to sew them together on Easter weekend? Looks like there'll be an OKSGlad and Grands roadtrip this summer to visit their new SewGram! :)

JeanieG ... hope your dental appt wasn't too bad. mmmmmmm meatloaf!

MiraB ... *gasp* 132 pieces in a 12" block is crazy enough! :) WOW! didn't realize the fabric for the butterflies was were all Fairy Frost! It will be ever-so elegant looking.

Anael 03-19-2013 10:51 PM

Mirabelle, you did a stunning job on your MB!

mirabelle 03-19-2013 11:12 PM

QuiltE I had to revise the number of pieces, got the calculator out, 137 pieces:D:D missed a few. E-mailed a pic to Anael and it has her tick of approval:thumbup:
The background fabric for Butterflies is Fairy Frost Butterscotch and the rest is batiks, the green border is a Jinny Beyer fabric so mixing it up a little..
April block is finished now to get some other projects finished:D

OOooohhhhhhh blocks will start winging their way to their destinations, who will get theirs first mmmmmm?????