Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 06-28-2013 07:30 AM

Patience is a sterling virtue; patience never gets in a hurry. If one is patient enough, the time will pass, sigh, wonder if someone is telling me 'just be patient!' is not my sterling thing. Yet I am at a stand-still, not being productive at all. I do admire all the lovely quilts and blocks you all are posting....GG, lovely finished quilts. Mine are sitting in the Quilt Room,whispering 'remember me!'

I watched a new video from Missouri Quilt Co., on tea pot quilt blocks and quilt. Simple. Easy to do. I admire ladies who forge ahead and themselves a big hit in business...Missouri Quilt Co., has changed their little town (Franklin, Mo.) around and have changed many lives for the better. A good success story. And they are expanding to have a "B&B" right next door for incoming visitors...like the one from Australia.

QuiltingNinaSue 06-28-2013 07:50 AM

I should say, Missouri Star Quilt Company. They have daily bargains and specials in their newsletter.

dublb 06-28-2013 07:53 AM

I just love Missouri Star Quilt Company!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 06-28-2013 08:40 AM

I was trying to be good; I took out the trash, grasp the bottom of the trash bag and a can lid cut my finger. Ouuuchhh. The I was frying bacon to make wilted lettuce...and the grease caught on fire!! Smothered it with a lid, but the exhaust fan made it furn hotter, so shut off the fan, then I was breathing the burned oil flumes... so I left the kitchen...and fire did go out finally. No more kitchen duties today.

DogHouseMom 06-28-2013 02:45 PM

QuiltE - that looks fantastic!! Great job using a pretty print and "coloring between the lines" so to speak. Glad to see you and Bernie getting along so well!!

carriem 06-28-2013 04:53 PM

Karen--very cute baby quilt.

GGal--those are some great finishes.

OK--pretty pineapple for GGal...good job.

janRN 06-28-2013 04:59 PM

Mirab, love your baby quilt. I really like Fairy Frost fabrics; they add so much soft sparkle to a quilt.

Ggal, OK's pineapple is so pretty and of course perfectly executed. Great job on your projects.

oksewglad 06-28-2013 06:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well I must confess, I had to call in the reinforcements on GGal's pineapple. Was in a panic as the block I thought I saved was not like the blocks Ggal was getting-the red center was on point. Knowing Carrie had just done one I yelled across Iowa for help. And like a good neighbor--she was there. Thanks, Carrie!
I took time to take a photo tonight--I couldn't disappoint QNS, especially after all she's been through the last couple of days--take care so that cut doesn't get infected!
Oh such pretty beauties you have shared the last couple of days! We really have a talented group here. First pictures are of Quilt Guild's display I helped set up. Only have 2 of my things here-the little hexagon star in the top row and the crumb quilt blocks you can't see on the flat surface.[ATTACH=CONFIG]421638[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]421639[/ATTACH]
And ta da...... Thanks Bev!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421640[/ATTACH]

With it's new friends! Sorry I just slapped them onto the fleece and didn't place them carefully.:mad:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421641[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 06-28-2013 06:32 PM

Ok, that display is sooooo very nice, I wanna run into my quilt room and go to work on???projects!! What a perfect match you got to go with your trio...love it!! And you gave a perfect match to GG, too!! I am so impressed; not surprised, just impressed!!

The saga did not end with the fire today that scared me crazy; the pan was burned in the bottom, so I ran baking soda, vinegar and some Dawn into the pan and put it back on the burner to heat up and clean all the stuff out of the pan that was burned on royally. I left the kitchen; the pan boiled over and boiled dry. The brown liquid covered one end of the stove top; so I quickly turned off the burner and called for help. Dh took paper towels and wiped up the mess on the glass top, while I poured more water into the pan, then took it over to the sink and rinsed it out....it came clean, clean and cleaner...so did the lid I had used. Formula really works on pans you think are ruined...they came out clean and clear and useable again.

I did get into the quilting room and cut the binding for the Pansy Passion throw without cutting myself. Still petting the scraps, saying 'what am I to do with you?' and admiring the straightened up shelves looking so great...and being able to 'move' around in the room is shocking.:thumbup: Of course, that will change in a couple of weeks with the other two tables coming in....and I will be through taking any more meds then, Hurrah!!

No MB again today. Sigh. Long sigh. Where o where has it gone?

Honchey 06-29-2013 08:21 AM

Have to wait to read all the posts...It took us 12.5 hours instead of the 9-10 hours to get here....DH burned the inside of his wrist badly/blistered this morning and have to get some supplies to fix it up...It's hot & humid here...everything is a bright green here....need to settle in...talk to you later....