Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

mirabelle 08-30-2013 07:18 PM

Good for you Carriem, but I bet you are learning to sew really really fast:D

Have a safe trip QuiltE chat to you when you get back, where are the marshmallows??? did you take them with you...

Anael 08-31-2013 02:27 AM

Mirabelle, I had some more coffee. I don't know if it helped :D :D
I added some pictures to the Ode to my Mom thread. I thought I only had 1 block to go but I have to make 2. One applique and one pieced and applique. I should have done the applique blocks first.

Marshmallows? Where? Who has them?

Anael 08-31-2013 02:28 AM

Carrie how did you finish a Spike block and quilting a row within 1 hour? We should call you Speedy Carrie :D

deranged_damsel 08-31-2013 04:06 AM

I didnt miss it??? wow, I thought it would be here and gone and I would sleep through the fireworks!

carriem 08-31-2013 06:22 AM

Anael--I just had a few pieces left to add to the SYE block #2 and then joining the 6 sections. For quilting it was outlining 3 planes and then just 4 "x's" in the little blocks....sounds like a lot more than it really was. :)

Today I hope to get the 1st border on...

carriem 08-31-2013 10:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
We just got home from lunch (Red Lobster) and I got the mail...my pretty MB from D_D came today!! :)

D_D--you may have had trouble pp'ing, but it turned out great. Thanks!! This block will hopefully help to prepare you a little for the SYE blocks.

JeanieG 08-31-2013 11:41 AM

Oh my those blocks look so wonderful together Carrie! You are one lucky gal!!! Great job DD!

oksewglad 08-31-2013 12:25 PM

What a great assortment Carrie! DD did a great job especially with those stripes.
DH and I spending quality time doing chores tonight so guess I will miss the odometer mileage pass six zero zero zero. Remember watching those momentous mileages change!

dublb 08-31-2013 01:12 PM

I spent most o' the day at the old house & am bushed! We packed & threw away a ton o' stuff. It's hard for me at throw away stuff. I'm emotionally bushed also! I have all my kids clothes in the attic. I was gonna donate 'em but they will all have ta be washed. No organization in Midland wants 'em unless they are washed. (I don't blame 'em either, They don' have washers & dryers.) We have decided ta just leave 'em there. Whoever gits the house can trash 'em. It would take us a couple o' days ta git 'em outta there.
On another note I found my first stash! It was in my bedroom closet! Wow. I'm gonna love makin' quilts outta that stuff. :)
PS I have just heard from a friend o' mine. She is gonna be in Midland tanight & we are gonna grill ribs for her & her DH. :)

QuiltingNinaSue 08-31-2013 02:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Howdy there, all. Dublb, have fun tonight grilling with your friend.

I sound this old walling piece we made in Texas...cowpoke, boots and behind the secret window...what you see on a trail ride horse back...the rear of another horse!![ATTACH=CONFIG]433422[/ATTACH]Foxy guy is on the right, before he gained all his weight!