Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-update-photo-discussion-completed-page-t206507.html)

Honchey 12-31-2013 05:30 PM

I will send you the info by email...I did make sure to get permission from QOTS I will recheck with them just to make sure..The cutting figures are Mirabelles not QOTS..I think the objection was the photo of the triangle with the #'s written on them...I'm waiting to hear from any moderator...

QuiltingNinaSue 12-31-2013 05:40 PM

Yes, they were. I sent the first one to you that I downloaded yesterday... and Mirabelle's figures were on a separate page.

QuiltE 12-31-2013 06:03 PM

Anael ... out of sight, out of mind! :) Good thing JanRN got hers done to get you to bring yours back out for your last and first! :)

OKSGlad ... I had to laugh ... I don't think life EVER returned to normal for us when I was on the farm. It always seemed to go from one busy time to another!!! Though you might be able to find your "winter" normal ... which of course is never stagnant as it is SO dependent on the weather!

Happy New Year's!!!!!!!!!!!
3 hours to go here!
I've been watching some of the year end comedy shows!

carriem 12-31-2013 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy New Year All! :)

Here are all my MBs so far....

JeanieG 12-31-2013 09:17 PM

Wow - those are cool Carrie! Thanks for the photo of all of them!

mirabelle 12-31-2013 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 6484674)
November & December threads have been removed..I don't know why///

Mirabelle, when You figured out the cutting pieces did you figure it out yourself??? and the paper you used to send me the info..that was yours?? not QOTS?

Honchey the cutting measurements were mine, as nowhere on QOTS did it give that information, however the triangles were what I printed off the QOTS website and rescanned into my computer. I received 5 PM's from the moderator stating that my cutting info threads had been deleted. It asked me to read the rules so I guess I have done something wrong. I'm not sure what though as we received permission from QOTS to run this BOM and at the start we had a link to their website.

mirabelle 12-31-2013 11:02 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Carrie that is a beautiful selection of blocks you have, can't wait to see how you will put it all together

Anael 01-01-2014 12:50 AM

The rule the moderator might refer to is this one:
- Do not post images with copyrighted patterns of other quilters without their permission. It's OK to post a link to the author's site that shows the pattern, but don't copy and post it here.
Question is whether you had permission from QOTS to post the triangles with cutting measurements or not.

QuiltE 01-01-2014 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6485075)
The rule the moderator might refer to is this one:
- Do not post images with copyrighted patterns of other quilters without their permission. It's OK to post a link to the author's site that shows the pattern, but don't copy and post it here.
Question is whether you had permission from QOTS to post the triangles with cutting measurements or not.

Agree ... probably because you used their triangle and then wrote overtop.

While you had permission from QOTS for the Spike BOM, the Mods have probably seen that as separate from copying over the triangle. Unless QOTS did give permission for that to be done?

You can probably get around that by doing your own sketch the triangle, and then add the info you want to it.

Anael 01-01-2014 06:36 AM

Carrie, I'm sorry. I totally forgot about your beautiful blocks and the gorgeous quilt you're going to have!