Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

pbadder 10-31-2012 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]373695[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by dungeonquilter (Post 5625922)
You might need to re-size your picture.

I figured out how to re size and Yahoo here it is thank you dungeonquilter it worked will have to resize pictures I would like to post here.

irishrose 10-31-2012 12:48 PM

Pbadder, I had that happen once. Same camera, same photo software as usual. I popped the picture into Paint (Microsoft) and resized it there. I think 480 x 640 pixels is what worked.

Caroline S 10-31-2012 01:02 PM

Pbadder - Don't worry about the food on this train trip. The food is non caloric. Your pea soup sound good. Are you going to toss a ham bone in it? Cornbread muffins made with creamed corn goes ever so well with pea soup. Not sure about your D fabric. It "reads" white in the picture. Chula Vista used to be one of my old stomping grounds. I used to board my horses right next to the Tijuana River. But that was the olden days.

Jennicky - I am liking your blues also. They can be tough to work with.

pbadder 10-31-2012 01:29 PM

D fabric is actually a cream color. I haven't done the HST yet, do you think maybe get a plain sage green color instead of the cream colored one? Will hold off on those till I get some input from board. I added ham, carrots and onions to my pea soup.

Caroline S 10-31-2012 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by pbadder (Post 5626178)

D fabric is actually a cream color. I haven't done the HST yet, do you think maybe get a plain sage green color instead of the cream colored one? Will hold off on those till I get some input from board. I added ham, carrots and onions to my pea soup.

I never thought about adding carrots to pea soup. Do you shred them or just slice them?

I think perhaps pulling the lighter green or teal from your C fabric might work better. I am leaning towards the green though. You might consider a mottle that would complement to the C batik fabric.

pbadder 10-31-2012 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay replaced the D fabric with this one instead of the cream one
[ATTACH=CONFIG]373706[/ATTACH]

pbadder 10-31-2012 01:45 PM

I shredded the carrots into the soup. Soup tasted really good.

pbadder 10-31-2012 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay ladies here is another choice for C and D let me know which one do you think will work best. Or do I need to maybe go buy a plain sage one to use.[ATTACH=CONFIG]373716[/ATTACH]

Caroline S 10-31-2012 03:19 PM

I am liking your new green C fabric much better than the batik. Your E fabric would work with the new green C. Oh my, I wonder how the D bamboo fabric would look as an E? Not much help am I?

BTW, carrots will be shredded into my next pea soup.

pbadder 10-31-2012 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 5626364)
I am liking your new green C fabric much better than the batik. Your E fabric would work with the new green C. Oh my, I wonder how the D bamboo fabric would look as an E? Not much help am I?

BTW, carrots will be shredded into my next pea soup.

Okay I only have 1 yard and 7 inches of my E fabric which would put me about 5 inches short of 1-1/3 yards of D fabric. I have 3 yards of my D Bamboo fabric that's why I put it there. I wouldn't want to use my E for D and be short towards the end of doing clues.