Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Just Takes 2 Quilt-Along! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/just-takes-2-quilt-along-t175140.html)

tutt 02-26-2012 11:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
DogHouseMom I LOVE your basket block!! Here's mine and boy did they kick my butt! I've had to make some of them twice to get them to come out right, but I'm learning, that's for sure.

DogHouseMom 02-26-2012 12:35 PM

Tutt

Great as usual! The fabric choice on Turkey tracks is perfect as is the pin-wheels - I can almost see them spinning!

I see you too used the original set of instructions for Broken Heart with the geese in the colored fabric. I think I like the original version better.

Anael 02-26-2012 01:57 PM

I think they made a mistake with the Broken Heart block. This block is part of the Pony Club Sampler too and it's with geese in background color, like the corrected block. Making the geese with the background color they look more like broken hearts IMHO. I will have to think which one I'm going to make as I like the colored geese as well.

DogHouseMom 03-01-2012 10:18 AM

New blocks are up!!!

A LARGE (15"!) Feathered star ... so cool!!!
Two more sets of Flying Geese and another Square in a Square.

Ooo ... can't wait to pick the colors for the feathered star :) BUT ... I'm going to read and measure the directions before I make my first cut!!

Anael 03-01-2012 10:21 AM

It's a beautiful star indeed! I didn't measure yet, only downloaded the pattern.

brookemarie19 03-01-2012 12:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I tried to catch up and have my blocks done before the next ones, but I am close. I finished all but putting on the melons on block 18. I messed up on 15 and turned my HSTs around, but I like the end result so will leave it the way it is. I haven't looked at this time's blocks, but from what I hear they will be fun to make also. Now off to catch up on my Dear Jane Quilt lol...

DogHouseMom 03-01-2012 01:32 PM

Brooke - they look great! I too had toyed around with switching the HST's around on #15. I was undecided and in the end figured if I liked them both well enough why not just go with the plan. It's great to see *different* blocks!

I see you too removed the 2nd row of triangles in the basket!!

brookemarie19 03-01-2012 01:43 PM

Yeah, I wanted to have a longer handle, and I figured if I wanted to embroider some flowers in there later i would have room this way.

Is anyone having a hard time downloading the next group of blocks? I keep trying but I am told that google chrome cannot connect to host when I hit the link. Also, it is noted that they have fixed the flying geese blocks in this group too, so if you have better luck than me you might want to make sure you have the new patterns.

brookemarie19 03-01-2012 01:44 PM

Yeah, I wanted to have a longer handle, and I figured if I wanted to embroider some flowers in there later i would have room this way.

Is anyone having a hard time downloading the next group of blocks? I keep trying but I am told that google chrome cannot connect to host when I hit the link. Also, it is noted that they have fixed the flying geese blocks in this group too, so if you have better luck than me you might want to make sure you have the new patterns.

DogHouseMom 03-01-2012 06:04 PM

I just went there and was able to open the file fine. I did see that they found and fixed the flying geese templates.

I was studying the star. That's going to be a *expletive* to piece!