Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

SunlitenSmiles 05-12-2012 05:29 AM

Baby quilt is what I'm thinking also, Pam.......always can use an extra baby quilt on hand, and they are so fun and joyful !!!!!!

Everose 05-12-2012 05:37 AM

Coopah, welcome. Yes this group is having a good time. I haven't been downstairs to look at fabric. Just running them all through the brain right now. I don't have anyone to make this for so will probably make it in my favorite colors and then go from there. Love the pastels.

Have to work this afternoon at the antique mall, so I will join everyone in the club car after 5. Hope everyone brought their favorite wine glass. If not, let me know and I will bring a few of my favorite glasses. (They are really water glasses that I have been collecting but who cares.)

juropat 05-12-2012 05:56 AM

Happy to catch up on my emails n saw the posting for the new mystery train. When I get home from Canada then check out my stash.

Jenniky 05-12-2012 06:11 AM

I have been very busy in the sewing car. Have had my head down in my work using a couple new techniques I havent done before. One was making prairie points and the other; An applique method posted in the quiltingboard.com/tutorials On Vintage machine applique method by MUV. If anyone would like to see the pillow you can click on the link to my facebook at the bottom of my posts and you should be able to view them on my page. Also Im up for the Bavarian cream pastries also..yum yum. A warm Heya..to anyone I missed joining the train and hugs to everyone returning. I love the thought of raspberry sherbet colors for a project..very cool. :thumbup:

Scrapper 05-12-2012 06:25 AM

TH? that's a great area we actually looked at a property on Butterfield ....I have some friends over that way and my family still owns some land by the firing center.
My husband is a CA native, but while on vacation in the Valley, he fell in love with the area and has not stopped bugging me abt retiring up there. We've even been back a few times jut to look at property. We'll be in Ellensburg in June for my nephew's graduation and he wants to look around Ellensburg/Wenatchee now. He's retired, but I'm not. :thumbdown:
Been in CA 30yrs....and the longer I'm gone the more I miss it. It truly is God's country
Thanks for the warm welcome!!

I'm excited about the mystery train ride.......I've not been quilting too long so I'm always trying to find something new to try......

coopah 05-12-2012 05:37 PM

Hey, Everose, I'll be sure to bring my own wineglass...and maybe it will hold rhubarb tea as well? I like the glasses without stems...such a klutz with the stemmed ones. And they can be multipurpose! LOL Jenniky, why, oh why, did you mention raspberry sherbet? Now I want some! See you all soon!

SulaBug 05-12-2012 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Scrapper (Post 5211473)
TH? that's a great area we actually looked at a property on Butterfield ....I have some friends over that way and my family still owns some land by the firing center.
My husband is a CA native, but while on vacation in the Valley, he fell in love with the area and has not stopped bugging me abt retiring up there. We've even been back a few times jut to look at property. We'll be in Ellensburg in June for my nephew's graduation and he wants to look around Ellensburg/Wenatchee now. He's retired, but I'm not. :thumbdown:
Been in CA 30yrs....and the longer I'm gone the more I miss it. It truly is God's country
Thanks for the warm welcome!!

I'm excited about the mystery train ride.......I've not been quilting too long so I'm always trying to find something new to try......

Scrapper..........you are not going to believe this, but I live on Butterfield Rd!! :D Can you believe that or what? It's a small world, that's for sure. I hope you have a good time at the Graduation & good luck finding a place to live in, for the future. Happy Mother's Day.
:D :D :D :D

Caroline S 05-13-2012 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Everose (Post 5211356)
Coopah, welcome. Yes this group is having a good time. I haven't been downstairs to look at fabric. Just running them all through the brain right now. I don't have anyone to make this for so will probably make it in my favorite colors and then go from there. Love the pastels.

Have to work this afternoon at the antique mall, so I will join everyone in the club car after 5. Hope everyone brought their favorite wine glass. If not, let me know and I will bring a few of my favorite glasses. (They are really water glasses that I have been collecting but who cares.)

Ooooh, Everose. You just gave me a great idea! What about Rhubarb wine? I could have some brewing in the back of the club car. Never made rhubarb wine before but I am sure it can be done. Gonna go look for a recipe ASAP.

yayaquilts 05-13-2012 07:23 AM

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!! Happy Sunday if you aren't a mom!!

Ok, I'm really hungry now with all the food and beverage talk. One request though. Hoping we have some other choices as I need to avoid rhubarb and black tea. They are on the list of foods that can contribute to the cause of kidney stones. I had a really bad case last summer- 2 stones, one had to have surgery for to "blow" it up and put me in the hospital for 2 weeks, (had a kidney infection and then got septis) and am so thankful I survived it all. It was a horrible ordeal, but I am fine now. Anyway, I love cinnamon streusel coffee cake and lemonade, so I'll bring them!!

PokerDiva 05-13-2012 07:39 AM

Karen, I am so glad you survived the septis. That is what my mother died of. Terrible stuff. Happy Mothers Day.