Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd! >

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Old 05-05-2015, 07:43 AM

my sea gulls - saw them online and had to order the pattern from paper Panache. They worked together better than I expected!
Attached Thumbnails 2015-05-05-10.44.24_resized.jpg  
Old 05-05-2015, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
my sea gulls - saw them online and had to order the pattern from paper Panache. They worked together better than I expected!
OH..... these are so darn cute! I love them.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:43 PM

travelinggramma - those are just too cute, can't wait until all the rows come together.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:25 PM

Those are such cute seagulls, Travelinggramma, they will go so well with the kites. You did those so fast! I've got to check out that website.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:58 AM

Love all of the paper piecing. So precise and beautiful. I wish I knew how to do it. I wish my mind could understand it, but alas, with the spaghetti noodles for brains I have, just don't get it. It is very very beeeautiful!!!! Everyone is doing a wonderful job. I also don't understand thread. What is the difference? What is better?
Old 05-07-2015, 04:35 AM

the clip art is great with those seagulls! I think they are adorable! I wonder at the quilt your making karamarie.. are you finished with the size and now onto finishing already? wowsa! you are super fast. I am no where that fast. I have fnished my four blocks of sand and now ironed them and trimmed them. tada! now to sew that darned row onto the other one. I am a bit slow. Yesterday got them ironed and then.. I was so tired. I barely could stand to trim them so I called it a day after I finished squaring up the last one and laid down for an hour.. woke up four hours later. guess I need the rest still. I will get those done together and ON the quilt top by Friday so cross fingers with me. I think I can I think I can. rest always seems to get a hold of me between clinic days. ok on clinic days too. but on Monday? its my day and I can do more for say three hours even. whoop whoop. Keep posting those pictures. I am trying hard to keep up with you but want everyone to know there is plenty of time to join on in. There is not a quilt police guarding our quilts. We can do them at our own pace. Some are fast, some are slow (IE ME) but all are working on something different and special. You can start on in and share your experience with something different something known. its a grand adventure!
Old 05-07-2015, 04:54 AM

Travelinggramma....I absolutely adore those seagulls....each has its own distinct personality...what fun and what a perfect addition to your seaside quilt. I just love it!
Old 05-07-2015, 10:36 AM

Elisabrat - yes I am done with the size of mine. I have the 5 strips and each is 12" in depth -plus a border so that is as big as I want it. It is going on a spot on a wall so did not make it bed size; although for a single bed or a couch it would work. I am FMQing it right now. It will take me a while as I am changing thread a lot, etc. I love this part of it but as everyone else, life happens in the meantime so work on it a little each day. And don't you worry about keeping up as you are dealing with a health issue and you need your rest - do what and when you can. Am loving checking in each day to see if there is any progress.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:56 AM

These are awesome what a great job!

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Old 05-09-2015, 04:58 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519200[/ATTACH]

This is as far as I got so far. I think I need about 3 more rows of beach sigh. I guess almost done is almost done! then I can start applique so this weekend will finish up beach I sure hope it doesn't need more! running out of yellows for sand! there are three colors in the sand but it shows up as almost one! how did that happen. argh. wish me luck!
Attached Thumbnails p1010126.jpg