Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd! >

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Old 07-02-2015, 04:37 AM

Hey everyone! I finished my middle block for the top of my quilt. Its a regular block but I used bold bright colors to go with the cocktails on the sides.. I decided on two drinks. two of us at the beach two drinks seems right. plus I wasn't enjoying making those much at all. I will now make to flanking blocks on the sides and of them and that row will be finished. then on to my hats! and then flowers. still trying to locate a cool floral fabric that I can cut the blocks out of and applique them on to the quilt. wish me luck! will post pics by tomorrow. no batteries and have to wait til the good old check gets here.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Hey everyone! I finished my middle block for the top of my quilt. Its a regular block but I used bold bright colors to go with the cocktails on the sides.. I decided on two drinks. two of us at the beach two drinks seems right. plus I wasn't enjoying making those much at all. I will now make to flanking blocks on the sides and of them and that row will be finished. then on to my hats! and then flowers. still trying to locate a cool floral fabric that I can cut the blocks out of and applique them on to the quilt. wish me luck! will post pics by tomorrow. no batteries and have to wait til the good old check gets here.
You are a tease, lol. Can't wait to see it.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:23 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]524145[/ATTACH]

tada! this block will be between the two drinks. need to finish the row this weekend and then I can finally start on the bottom. I had it done. no batteries and a man who works incredible hours. took days to get a simple photo of this
. cant wait to see what everyone is working on.
Attached Thumbnails img_1259.jpg  
Old 07-03-2015, 07:17 PM

That is a beautiful square, Elizabrat. I love that fabric.

Finally finished my tree row. I'm not going to sew them together yet because I want to quilt the ows first but I'll put them together for a picture soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]524232[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]524233[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1000125%25%25.jpg   p1000126%25%25.jpg  

Last edited by whitepine; 07-03-2015 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:03 AM

Brat - love that block - really love those fabrics and colors and thinking Hawaii with a tall drink and a silent waiter and the water lapping on the shore and.................. oops - my dreaming

whitepine - that bear and trees are awesome. I quilted each section separately too and it was so much easier for me. It is coming together so well.

I am working on the binding. Hand cramping so taking me forever. When I am finished will post completed. I love how it all came together -and thank you to all who inspired me.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:39 AM

oh dear, Binding kills me! my hands turn into claws. I can do about oh 8 inches then have to stop. maybe 16 total in one sitting. then go back to it tomorrow. Probably why there are two quilts sitting in my bedroom waiting to be bound. I have four that need quilting. and four or five waiting to be finished. that is me, scatter brained sewing sign up here! I am taking a day of rest today. ok I have clinic this morning but that means REST when I get home lol. good for four hours for sure. heck yesterday took four hours naps and didn't have clinic. This need to rest is getting more frequent. frustrates the heck out of me. Kidneys better be advertised in the weekly flier here lol so I can get back to real sewing again. I am ready.

I love that bear you did! omg its so wonderful and how did you come up with that pattern? what a great cut out it would make but appliqueing the whole thing? oh NO! still happier doing blocks lol you cant convert me. yet. I will be happy when this good idea to applique things I had is done with. one more row or harder blocks. ok hats. I have a pattern for hats that I found that looks simple in theory. a large beach hat that swoops lower in front? and will applique flowers on the hat because I have no clue how to make a flower! that looks good not cheesy. I know the quilt will be on her wall then on her daughters when the time comes for her to join me. I want it to look good! those girls of hers are young 18 to 25. this quilt could last a really long time!
Old 07-04-2015, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]524145[/ATTACH]

tada! this block will be between the two drinks. need to finish the row this weekend and then I can finally start on the bottom. I had it done. no batteries and a man who works incredible hours. took days to get a simple photo of this
. cant wait to see what everyone is working on.
Oh yes, I love that, perfect with the rest of it. You sure do have the touch. Very nice color combo.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine View Post
That is a beautiful square, Elizabrat. I love that fabric.

Finally finished my tree row. I'm not going to sew them together yet because I want to quilt the ows first but I'll put them together for a picture soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]524232[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]524233[/ATTACH]
Wow, this is some nice, such talented ladies.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:25 PM

Wow! Whitepine...I loved the trees but the bear is amazing and really completes the row.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:34 PM

Elisabrat & Whitepine- I just love love love your progress. I'm working on a project that isn't as fun as quilting but it needs to be done. I'm making 125" wide fully lined pleated drapes for our family room. What makes it kind of hard is I have to be up & down on the floor and then going up and down the stairs as I do the sewing upstairs and the rest on main floor where I can lay large panels on carpeted floors so isn't so hard on the knees. It is a job but what I am saving will keep me in my quilting habit quite a while. But I do know now why they charge so much to have custom drapes. Measure, measure, measure, fold, cut, measure some more, etc. etc. The reason why I am making lined pleated drapes is it really keeps the cold and heat out and they are on a traverse rod so they can be opened & closed easily. Enough on my project. Will get it done this week for sure - can't stand unfinished projects spread all over the house. Anyway am checking in every day to see your progress - keep up the fabulous work.