Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
bought my 1 st wireless device >

bought my 1 st wireless device

bought my 1 st wireless device

Old 08-02-2012, 02:50 PM

Default bought my 1 st wireless device

and it has been a ruff ride.hours and hours of tech support for the tablet,and the router.Turns out my modem works for internet but not for the wireless.A new modem is on the way-but still thinking the tablet may go back.I thought it would be fun and could use it upstairs,etc.It has been hrs of headaches.Anyone has regrets on wireless devices or will it get better?
Old 08-02-2012, 03:09 PM

it will get better.

I'm an ametuer "techie" and I still had to spend an hour or so on the phone to get some of my more stubborn devices to work with the whole network - on the bright side the gentleman I spoke to was quite nice, very easy to understand, and we had a lovely conversation about traveling by train in India!!
Old 08-02-2012, 03:13 PM

I hope so-kinda discouraging at this time.I have 14 days to get a refund-so I will give it a few days.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

We have added an Ipad to our family and it is super. I am currently typing on it in my recliner in the living room. I still can't post pictures from it though because I don't have photobucket.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:26 PM

I have a Kindle Fire that my kids got me for Christmas. I didn't think I would use it much but I'm on it all the time. I read books, check my emails, surf the net and I have only just begun. There is so much more that I could do on it. It's confusing at first but just play around with it and it will all fall in place.

Pat in MN
Old 08-02-2012, 03:31 PM

Give it a chance. You will love it and besides - you really needed an upgraded modem anyway since most stuff is going wireless.
My husband was very anti - new technology. He went out of town... While he was gone I set up a wireless network with his TV and Wii on it, the bedroom TV on it, my Blackberry Playbook and the computer on it, and signed up for 30 days of free Netflix. He loves it! It will be a year in October and we still have the Netflix. He is a B movie fan. Who knew! LoL!
I'd be more frustrated having to wait on the modem!
Old 08-02-2012, 03:43 PM

wireless is really the best way to go....I can go online anywhere in the house with the laptop or my kindle fire...don't have to hang out in one room all the time.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:53 PM

thanks every one-I will try some more after the new modem gets here.I was so excited on the way home-and it went down hill fast.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:05 PM

I have the Nook, the Kindle, three computers and just bought my first iPad. Will let you all know how that last one goes...I may have been just a tad too exuberant...but so far, lots of fun. I'll be able to learn more about it as soon as I can run down a ten-year old to ask some questions ...
Old 08-02-2012, 05:58 PM

Just give it a chance and you'll love it! We've had wireless, for years, but then both my dh and ds are computer techies.