Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
bought my 1 st wireless device >

bought my 1 st wireless device

bought my 1 st wireless device

Old 08-02-2012, 06:51 PM

It seems that getting it online was an unnecessarily difficult hurdle. I hope you'll have smooth sailing now.

The family got me an I-phone for Christmas, and at first I told them I wished they hadn't because I'm usually home and my cell phone would stay in my purse elsewhere in the house while I'm on the computer, but I have to admit that when I'm out of town I love being able to look things up on the Internet, make motel reservations, etc.. Best of all is "face time" with the little grandson. That feature would be even better with the larger screen on your tablet.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by pamesue View Post
wireless is really the best way to go....I can go online anywhere in the house with the laptop or my kindle fire...don't have to hang out in one room all the time.
I agree! When DH said he was going to do that in our house, I thought he was nuts, but turns out I love it! No pesky wire & I can go where-ever I need/want to!
Old 08-03-2012, 05:19 AM

It gets better. I have wifi in the house. Now our printer is hooked up this way, I have a Kindle Fire and an Ipod touch. I can listen to music anywhere, watch streamed videos in a room away from the baseball game on TV. I am a happy camper. Just stick with it and it will eventually make sense.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:44 AM

I have a Kindle Fire and download free books only.
Two have not downloaded completely and find it impossible to redownload. So will not pay for books as they may not download completely.
Also hate reading a book and having it shut down because it needs recharging so often.
So I still buy good ol used books the most.
The price of downloading a newer book is equal to buying a hardback book, which I never do anyway. I read way to much to pay for hardback books. I wait for paperbacks to come out then buy them used or at discount stores.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:51 PM

New modem arrived today-that was the problem.what should have taken 5 min took hrs of frustration and trouble shooting.Now I can really relax and try to learn.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:04 PM

Wireless is the only way to go. I have the IPad, computers, printers, TV, Blueray player all wireless. Once you start using the wireless system you will wonder what you did without it.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:35 PM

I have a smart phone and a Kindle and two days ago bought the New Ipad. So far I love it. My daughter was here for the past few hours showing me things about it and I learned a lot but my brain is fried!! I love the facetime with my dear friend who lives across the country. It is so wonderful to actually SEE her!!
Old 08-03-2012, 04:11 PM

It was headaches just getting it set up, but now it's great! I can be anywhere in the house and outside and it works. I'm on I the iPad using the dictation, hehe so lazy to type now, and I'm having fun! Once you get everything set up, you'll get used to it and enjoy your wireless lifestyle
Old 08-04-2012, 04:55 AM

Wi-fi is the only way to go! DH has a laptop, I have a desktop, IPod Touch, Kindle Fire and an IPad. Our printer is WiFi too. I wasn't as happy with my Fire as I thought I'd be so when I had the money I bought an IPad (just a couple weeks ago) and absolutely love it! I can sit outside with it while watching the grandchildren play. I read the Quilt Board on here everyday! Watch quilting videos, etc. FaceTime with my best friend is neat! Just thinking about finding out what other friends have IPads I could FT with!
Get yourself together with your wi-fi and you'll be so glad you did!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:13 AM

Stick with it if possible at least until you get your wi-fi up and running. I think you'll change your mind once you see how much freedom you'll have from being tied down in one place in front of a monitor. In the last six months I have acquired a Kindle Fire and the newest iPad and I LOVE them both!