Buying a Mattress:(

Old 04-29-2017, 07:58 AM

Here's another vote for the Sleep Number bed. We have had one for 7 years now and love it. Yes, I frequently change the setting depending on if I have been gardening or sewing too much. It was expensive, but I would buy another one on time if I had too. The best mattress I have ever had. Neither my husband or I are lightweights so I love the fact that it doesn't sag.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:23 AM

We have sleep number mattresses in our master and guest bedrooms. I like soft, and hubs likes to sleep on a rock-like surface. With the sleep number, we both get what we want and can adjust it anytime to suit. We've had one sleep number mattress for 7 years. No problems.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:38 AM

There are a lot of Sleep Number people out there I'm still thinking but have to make a decision real soon. I'm waking up every couple of hours and get up every morning with horrible neck pain, right arm asleep and grumpy as an old bear! At this point I'm trying to figure out if I can stuff a split king in a small bedroom (we are on a queen now).
Old 04-29-2017, 08:44 AM

I always end up with PosturePedics. Not pillow top. Added a 1 1/2" memory foam topper from Walmart..been comfy fir about 5 years. We had a generic memory foam but it compacted down so lesson learned.

Just the two us ..150 and 180 lbs.

Sandy
Old 04-29-2017, 08:52 AM

Jan, That's one I've put on my list. I also have Keetsa.com, Yogabed.com and BedInaBox.com. I've read so many webpages I'm going cross eyed and brain dead!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-18-2017 at 03:42 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:54 AM

I have a Sterns & Foster pillow-top king mattress that is 4+ years old and I still love it. Only downsides are it is too heavy to rotate and it is hard to find the 22" sheets. I stayed at a hotel once with Sleep Number beds and I really didn't like it at all. It felt very hot, like sleeping on a vinyl sofa, and kept adjusting and making noise all night.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:26 PM
Power Poster

Thank you, Jan, for posting about the Dromma bed. Next time we need a mattress, I think that's the one I want to buy!
Old 04-29-2017, 03:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
We have a "generic temper-pedic mattress" with a 3" memory foam topper. We bought it 8 years ago and it is still comfy. It is so comfortable that when my head hits the pillow, I am out like a light.
Me too, I've had it 3 years now. And that after sleeping on a full-flotation waterbed for 30 years. Got tired of draining it to replace heaters every 5 years.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:50 PM

My two recommendations: Sleep Number & Kingsdown Emerald Crown ,

We bought the Sleep Number for our master bedroom about 6 years ago and love it.
I like to set my side at 65; DH likes 35. There have been times after surgeries or injuries that we needed to adjust those levels. It's great having the option. Pricey, yes, but there's no substitute for a good night's sleep. No more aches and pains FROM the mattress, but rather a place to ease them away!

The bed I sleep in most often, though, because I stay up much later (and snore) is the guest bed. We bought a Kingdown Emerald Crown mattress about 4 years ago. Mattress models change so I'm not sure Emerald Crown is current, but try a Kingsdown . Our guests have commented how comfortable it is that they slept 10 solid hours .
It wasn't cheap but half the cost of the Sleep Number. Plus a great warranty.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:47 PM

One more vote for Sleep Number. I purchased the queen bed when it was on sale. It was the mattress only and I couldn't afford the bed also. So I got a box spring from my sister, put a board from Home Depot on top of that (covered with a piece of batting and cheap cotton sheet). Then put the mattress on top of that. I also had a 3 inch memory foam topper left over from previous bed, so put that on top. It took quite a while (like 6-9 months) to find my perfect number (40). But I sleep like a rock and wake up feeling great each morning.