Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does Your Husband Help With Chores? >

Does Your Husband Help With Chores?

Does Your Husband Help With Chores?

Old 12-27-2010, 09:09 AM

we have 5 acres and a nice size house, he does all the outside and I do all the inside, he's real good at letting me know when I'm behind too!!! LOL, he's very patient and pitches in when he needs to, sorta like KathyAire's does. it's just easier to do it myself.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:13 AM

Julie that is AWESOME so happy that he is now employed...its been a horrible time for so many.
Originally Posted by JulieM
My DH will do anything and everything. Like Carol wrote, from cleaning the car up to dusting to cleaning the toilets (yech) he does it all. DH is an operating engineer, works almost all year, he has been off since the first week of Nov., just got a call back last week.

JulieM
Old 12-27-2010, 09:15 AM

One of the advantages of marrying a man that was over 50 and had been on his own for a while......he learned how to do those things!!!! LOL My DH is a GREAT vacuumer.....he does a much better job than me!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:15 AM

I don't mind...he does enough as it is. I would rather has a few chores that are just mind..just like I have not interest in snowblowing.
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i'm confused.

you feel inconvenienced because your husband wants to contribute to the housework?
he wants to do a chore but apparently isn't sure how to do it correctly?

where's the problem? sounds more like an opportunity to me.

if you show him - without foolishly making him feel like a useless idiot - he'll be able and willing to do that chore more often.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
NO it would be a wierd life if I had a husband!!!!! No way. I would love it if I had a wife who would do all of that with me though.
Hilarious, you goofball! LOL thanks for making me laugh as Im stuck here at work, while he is reclining and snoozing.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:28 AM

My husband spends his evenings downstairs watching sports, so he happily does a Lot of laundry. He leaves mine for me, which is a good thing. He does not do housework. I do all the cooking, and he does all dishes and keeps our stove sparkling. He often stops at the market when he's out & about to buy the kinds of things he likes to snack on (yogurt, bananas, popcorn, and an occasional box of ice cream).
Old 12-27-2010, 09:37 AM

they also change over the years and when the kids move out and are grown...its now a feeling of choice not like you have to...hard to explain...
Originally Posted by amandasgramma
One of the advantages of marrying a man that was over 50 and had been on his own for a while......he learned how to do those things!!!! LOL My DH is a GREAT vacuumer.....he does a much better job than me!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:43 AM

My DH would eat soup (and has many times) straight from the can if there isn't someone here to heat it for him. He does the dishes and mows the yard. He also works on my car and does things like brake jobs/oil changes/general maintenance. But he takes it to my brother's house and they do it together. My brother has a huge hydraulic car lift so DH doesn't have to bend. His back doesn't do that well since there's a metal ladder holding his spine together. I've tasted his cooking, seen his laundry and cleaning methods. I'll do the rest myself, thank you. In the almost 16 yrs we've been married he's never cleaned a toilet, sink or bathtub, swept, mopped or vacuumed a floor, changed and/or made a bed, sorted laundry, dusted or washed a window.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:18 AM
Power Poster

yes...all the time, we do most of the household (stuff) together...we take turns fixing dinner...usually make it together on the weekends, after dinner we both work on clean up. regular cleaning...who ever puts something in the hamper -sees it full- takes it to the washer and starts laundry. he cleans the bathrooms, i vacuum. he mops the kitchen, i dust...he loads the dishwasher, i unload it...ect. we are a pretty good team :thumbup:
Old 12-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by suebee
Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
NO it would be a wierd life if I had a husband!!!!! No way. I would love it if I had a wife who would do all of that with me though.
Hilarious, you goofball! LOL thanks for making me laugh as Im stuck here at work, while he is reclining and snoozing.
I am not a goof ball..... I am a ball full of goofie ness..... he he he