Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize >

February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize

February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize

Old 02-17-2013, 05:04 PM

My DD and SIL and grandson are here this weekend so I have been very bad. It was my DD birthday so we have chocolate praline cake. I am so glad it is gone since it is my favorite. Back on the wagon tomorrow. We just eat way too much junk when they are here. I haven't gotten any exercise either.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:04 PM

Well I don't feel like I got as much done as I wanted to on my 4 days off. I know I have one more day to go but it has just been crazy running around. Took my little Lucy to the groomers and then the vet for her shots, dad to the doctors for his check up. Mom grocery shopping and to Hobby Lobby she wanted a stamped cross stitch item to have to work on. and with the grocery shopping that was 2 stores...... so food is bought for the next 2 weeks. I know a lot was done, but not the way I had hoped it would. Also had 2 dates this weekend so all in all it was productive just not the way I had planned.

I didn't get started on my t-shirt quilt until late this afternoon, it is about 3/4th done on the top. It is going to be finished by tomorrow before I go back to work on Tuesday. Then I can make plans to talk withthe person it is for and see what she wants for the back. So far I am only nto able to get 1 shirt in the top will put that on the back. Will also find out if she want a quilt label other than saying I made it.

After this t-shirt quilt is done, I am going to make another quilt from they scrappy mystery train ride for a different friend before I start another t-shirt quilt where there are about 60 t-shirts, so that will be 2 quilts.

Junebillie---- remember you need to eat throughtout the day and not have just 1 big meal, smaller meals throughtout the day.

Mousie ---- keep up the good work.

Meanmom --- go for the small portion size not a full slice of cake.

Back to the quilting after I get me some dinner. Once I find the stove top and counters. LOL need to finish putting the non parishable items away.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:47 AM

Cindy I already ate the full slice of cake. It was very good. I had my parents and uncle over for dinner too.Most of the goodies are gone.Back to eating right today. I aslo need to exercise today. My DD, SIL and GS are grazers and eat all day long. They are such a bad influence on me. This is a pretty lame excuse for poor eating.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
Cindy I already ate the full slice of cake. It was very good. I had my parents and uncle over for dinner too.Most of the goodies are gone.Back to eating right today. I aslo need to exercise today. My DD, SIL and GS are grazers and eat all day long. They are such a bad influence on me. This is a pretty lame excuse for poor eating.
Grazing.........I wonder if we make wise choices, if that would be a good way to keep the blood sugars from having so many peaks and valleys.

Well what you can do next time is remember to only have a small slice then you won't feel so guilty for having a piece of cake. I personally find if I am wanting something if I have a small piece I am usually satisfied.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:06 AM

I feel you, meanmom. I had company too. Talk about grazers. My daughters baby is due this week and she eats constantly. It's hard to not have a few bites yourself when there is always food out. The last of the cookies are in the freezer waiting for a meeting next week.
DD decided she needs a hat for the baby to wear home from the hospital. Today is kind of busy so hopefully I can finish the girl hat tomorrow. The boy hat is done.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:24 AM

I find that I do better on the days that I work when I remember to have my healthy snacks. I think there really is something to the "many small instead of 2 or 3 big" , that's sort of grazing. And Cindy, my husband has better control of his blood sugars when he snacks often....it is just hard to get him to make better choices-he has a BIG sweet tooth!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:33 PM

Had my spine injected with about 75% relief. So am very happy! Go for another shot next week. Now to stop snacking!!!! I shouldn't have given my DH all that candy and mixed nuts for Val day. This week we are going to the Austin Modern Quilt Show and then also to a Church Guild show where Becky Goldsmith will be the speaker!! Can't wait to hear her --- hope she wil show me how she holds the needle. Am working on a Christmas table topper for a craft show and then need to get back to a quilt I started last year. Have 2 quilt classes next week - one in embroidery and one square in a square. Should be fun.

Hair you heard how Airwick is doing? Worry for her.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:55 PM

This past week I actually lost wt. Yipee!

After reading an article on new research of non-traditional diets for DMII, I decided to try something different. So it's no refined grains-only whole grains, high non-starchy vegetables, 1 oz protein foods 3x/d, 2 portions fruit/d, 6 meal/snacks per day, lots of water/lemon-water. If I could just get the butter/other fats under control.....
Old 02-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
Mousie that is great. I have done well today so far, but it's the rest of tonight I have to get through. I need to pick me up some of those cheese sticks. I like them, and they are good to have on hand . There are some of those frozen vegetables with sauces I like, and they are very reasonable on the calories. One night I had some brussel sprouts in a sauce that was my main meal.
my oldest dd is married to a chef and she says that brussel sprouts can be cooked the wrong way and be awful and then the person doesn't know how tasty they can be and won't eat them.
That is exactly what happened to me in school.
I should give them another try with one of DSIL's recipes. They are so cute, lol
Old 02-19-2013, 05:04 AM

Good morning everyong! Taboo Tuesday is maybe a hard one for some - it will be for me. It's Serving Size. Every package you buy shows the serving size - 1 package, 1 oz, 1/2 cup, that sort. By limiting your serving size to that recommended on the food your are eating, you are controlling your total daily intake. We have gotten so used to larger portions being put on our plate, that the recommended serving size looks terribly small - but it's based on the recommended daily intake. Sodas (which we aren't supposed to drink anyway) generally have more than one serving size per container. Check it out. It's very hard - and I know I'll have my own problems controlling my serving size this week. GOOD LUCK!