I HATE CELL PHONES!!!

Old 08-28-2009, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I have Verizon. We have them for our cells, our home phone, our DSL, hmmmm they have all our $$$. They do very well for us, thank you very much. We went with them in the beginning cause they were the only cell phone company that would let us have 5 phones (then 6) on one family plan. The others would not go above 4
i hope you have better luck then I have had if somthing goes wrong. I got so frustrated with them when DH's phone died I asked them if they all went to school to major in screwing up.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:51 PM

Our kids got us a cell phone so we could always "keep in touch".

Every time we called them on it, we got their "answering machine"--so much for keeping in touch.....

And then, we I did find an opportunity to use the thing...guess what? the battery seemed to always be down...

And we found that we were often "out of range" and couldn't phone at all.

We gave the phone back and are doing fine, thank you...the hard wired land line at our house is doing the job

(more money for fabric is what I say) :lol:
Old 08-28-2009, 03:09 PM

I keep a pay-as-you-go phone for job searching. Another monthly bill would be tooo much for me right now.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:03 PM

Verizon as well for lan line, cell and DSL. Have had a few problems with internet, and they were so good to fix, and even called a few days later to see if all problems were resolved!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:08 PM

I have TracPhone because it's the only one that I can get service on here in our area. And we only use it for emergencies.

Two yrs ago we went on a 3 month trip across the US thinking we would like to be full-timing in the RV (WRONG!). We bought Verizon for phone and aircard for internet. When we came home we couldn't get service at our house. The Verizon store in the next town said they couldn't help us, that it would be $300.00 to discontinue the contract earlier. They also said to PLEASE contact the main office and gave us a 1-800 #. I called the 1-800 # and they were VERY nice, discontinue the contract and didn't charge us a cent!!! I'd go with Verizon if I were to do that again - or they get a cell tower on THIS side of the mountain!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Power Poster

we don't have a cell phone, no service here. If we travel, we just go and get one of the pay as you go ones.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:15 PM

What cell company do you use and do you like them?
We have AT&T, I LOVE it!!! I have had cingular/att forever! Actually I have been a customer of theirs for about 10 years.
Why or why not?
IF by chance I have a problem I call and it gets fixed, if I need a change in service I call and they change it right then and there. the most important thing to me is when I DO call I can actually understand the person on the other end of the phone! HUGE plus in my book, can't say that for most tech support these days!
Have you ever had to contact support?
I had to call for actual "support" once, my husband came back from Iraq and the battery in his phone that had been stored for a year had blown up. not like blew up, but leaked and ruint the phone. I called CS and they said they were SORRY, and PLEASE take BOTH of our phones to our local dealer and we could get an upgrade at no cost. We were still 6 months out from an upgrade and they allowed it anyway and did not charge us ANYTHING for it!
How did that go??
read above

If I were you I would also talk to people in your area, because even though Att, verizon, and sprint all have service in your area, depending on what area that is depends on how good the service actually is. I can get sprint in my area but it is VERY hit or miss, I can get verizon and its better than sprint but still not great!

Good luck finding a carrier!
Old 08-28-2009, 05:31 PM

I had Sprint at one time. Got rid of them as soon as the contract was up. Always had dropped calls, no service where they said we SHOULD have service and very bad customer service. Switched to AT&T. Loved them. Sure, had a couple people with Customer Service that were not very nice, but another call into then and speaking with a supervisor got things moving. I would get a couple dropped calls, but always got reimbursed for it. Never had a problem.
Here on the pebble, I cannot wait to get rid of the cell phone people I have. Bunch of liars who do not honor their contracts and have even gotten lawyers involved.
When we get back to the states, I'll probably go to a Pay As You Go plan because I very seldom use my cellphone. It's for emergencies and quick calls only. I don't text and people who know me KNOW I won't text them back and have a conversation with them. You want to talk to me, then CALL! lol
Old 08-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Power Poster

I have Verizon and they are Ok , but I am not thrilled with them. I have had phone issues and they really didn't want to help me out but in the end they gave me a new phone for free. The phone was one month past the year warranty when it lost its programming or got a virus ( how do you get a virus on a cell hone when you don't internet on it ?) Now their thing is every month I get a charge of 1.99 for data ? Uh again I don't download or get on the web so what is this fee ? And they USE to give you a new phone every two years but not anymore , they give you a 50.00 credit :roll:

ok I am done complaining cuz I haven't found any better

Oh by the way the cell is my only phone, had the landline disconnected hree years ago
Old 08-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Power Poster

We have Verizon. They have always been good to us. My only problem is I forget to charge mine. I always have messages "Mom, why do you have a cell phone if you don't charge it or carry it." Hey, I didn't ask for this phone. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: