I HATE CELL PHONES!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 03:48 AM

T-Mobile and I never had a problem with them. My inlows use Version and they can't get reception at there house but I can.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:03 AM
Banned

i guess i'm still a caveman. i don't own a cell. Never cared to own one :oops:
Old 08-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Power Poster

A T & T but i got calls from TWC a lot. figured out it was The Weather Channel. they called to tell me it was raining!! twenty dollars worth before i got it taken off and the amount too. A T & T is what my family in Texas has so i got it through them. but they don't have good tower coverage here in Colorado. Sigh. didn't know that.
Caveman! funny. i just got mine in March and only because i was almost caught on the road in a snowstorm and hubby was going in for surgery too. so it's nice to have one for things like that but i can't get used to carrying it around in my pocket. i leave it in my purse in the dining room and never hear it ring. i go home for lunch and leave it in my purse in the garage, etc. I'm not attached to it as some people seem to be.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:32 PM

Check and see who has the best coverage in your area.

I have been with AT&T for 11 years and never had a problem. My son had AT&T, switched to Verizon and ended up switching back to AT&T. He said Verizon sucked. Especially the customer service.

Joey
Old 09-01-2009, 01:01 PM

I have Verizon, but have the fewest minutes available. Use it for people to be able to reach ME because I have dial up and have the computer on so much! I do most of my calling on the weekends or at nite. Had ALL the texting features disconnected on my phone and have my original phone that is a real dinosaur! Got this because other family memebrs have it. Some have Sprint, but I didn't talk to them when I signed up. Have not had any problems, so don't know about customer service other than getting the texting removed. :?
Old 09-01-2009, 02:33 PM

Cingular and service is great ...had to get new phone last year, no problems & they have all those towers here
Old 09-02-2009, 04:40 PM

I got caught on the highway with a flat tire, arm in a sling from shoulder surgery and dead of winter.
Got a Tracfone (pay as you go) for emergenciens after that. Started using it more and more with friends on weekends so I went to Verizon for a while...loved it...just didn't use it enought to justify the cost.
Am on Tracfone again now. Have had great service with both companies.
Christine
Old 09-03-2009, 07:54 AM

I've had Verizon for 10+ years. (no land line). I like it because, out here on the Peninsula, there are "spots" that some cells don't come through. I've never had a problem and have only called cust. service a few times, with GRAND service.. My kids have Verizon too, except the one in Alaska, so it doesn't cost to talk to them.... Yeah, yeah, I have the same problem, call them and get answering, or if I'm lucky enough to get through, their spouse is calling and mom is just plain out of luck. LOL... Go with Verizon. You won't regret it... My last experience, was when I upgraded my phone, the battery wouldn't stay in and I had a new one the NEXT day,.......
Old 09-03-2009, 09:11 AM

I have Alltel which is now owned by Verizon. They have been pretty good I guess. My kids have Cellar One & like it better. I guess they all have there problems. My Dh's work phone is Cingular I think. He carries both as there are some places where you can't get a signal on one or the other. His phone has lasted almost 10 years & the screen went out so we transferred his number to my old phone with no problems. What ever you get, buy the insurance because it is worth it. Son has lost 1 in lake & it was replaced for $50.00 which isn't bad since it would have cost a lot more to replace. They even upgrade you sometimes with a better phone. Good luck
Old 09-03-2009, 03:59 PM

Can't say enough good things about T-mobile and can't say enough bad about Verizon. had a land line with them and they couldn't even get the diconnect right!! my son had them too and his phone and bill were messed up too. if i had to use Verizon would put up smoke signals instead!!!