I HATE CELL PHONES!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by zyxquilts
I have a 'pre-paid' phone with Boost Mobile. I only use it when I'm traveling, never carry it around home. It only costs me $20 every 3 months & as long as I remember to add the $$ before the 3 months is up, it rolls over the minutes. The phone itself is a Motorola & seems to be pretty much bullet proof. No fancy ringtones, no photos, etc, but does what I need it to. :wink:
i have the same thing with virgin. top it up every 3 mos. with $20. it rolls over the minutes, but i never use them because it's an emergency phone only. the phone and the service are both virgin. the service is fine. they explain everything and someone is always there to answer tech questions.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Mine died. What cell company do you use and do you like them? Why or why not. Have you ever had to contact support? How did that go??
what do you use your for?
Old 09-06-2010, 11:46 AM

I know this is an old post but here I go.

I have Nextel/Sprint and have for probably 7-8 years. The plans are the cheapest I can find.

BUT the customer service is the worst!! Whatever you do, do not get the Clutch i465. It has gone bad on me THREE times in less than a year!

Kyia
Old 09-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Google Goddess

I have AT & T
Old 09-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Power Poster

yep, i have A T & T because my family is in Houston and they have A T & T. I can't use my phone in Hospitals. must leave other people using their cell phones inside and go out to use mine!
Old 09-06-2010, 01:47 PM

i just changed to Verizon, prepaid. i like it a lot and i can keep topping off.
it's more money that virgin, but verizon has more towers and was usable in alaska with no roaming charges.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:25 PM

Would not have one at all except for emergencies... :)
Went without for years, didn't have to worry about minutes, an extra bill to pay, roaming, battery, interupted conversations, have a hard line, and I do return messages, except for sales calls and political ads. If service on any thing gets frustrating call back, as much as needed, and try to be nice to who ever I get, Have no doubt someone knows the anwser, just have to find who. :)
Old 09-06-2010, 02:34 PM

I don't have one or want one! My DH has one. It always goes with us on trips and has been a life saver twice when we had car trouble. He is out and about a lot and carries it with him so I can get in touch with him if I need to. He uses net zero.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:35 PM

I don't like phones myself, but since I always drive alone, I consider mine insurance. I also have AAA, and those two, plus 911 if necessary, are all I need beyond the usual car insurance.

I have Tracfone, and have for years. I live in CA and can call my kids in Texas, it is always on and I have had absolutely no problems with it. Like I said, I don't like phones, but in today's world they are necessary, especially when a woman travels alone.

With Tracfone, you buy the phone, costs from 10 dollars to 30, and a year's card with 400 minutes of air time for about 100. That is for ONE YEAR, and should you use all the 400 minutes up (I never have) then you can buy more minutes, from 30 to 90 and probably more, not too sure on that. With the added minutes, you put the card's number on line or on the phone and immediately you have that many more minutes added to that phone. You can use that phone for years, or get a new one each year and transfer your phone number to the new one.

There's no contract, no surprises on costs.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:56 PM

DH and I use US Cellular. Separate contracts. I have a Blackberry & mine is expensive. Needed E-mail and Dial-up would not even work out here. Now have Satellite internet but it will be cheaper to pay out the contract than to pay the cancellation fees for it. Limited reception where we live for both of us. Sons and DIL have Straight Talk thru Wal-mart- unlimited text unlimited calling for $40 month. They do have customer service problems but for the price they cannot be beat. They use Verizon towers. Good Luck with your choice.