Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I simply must clean my sewing area today! >

I simply must clean my sewing area today!

I simply must clean my sewing area today!

Old 07-13-2010, 04:06 AM

it looks like a hurricane has gone through it! And one did....Hurricane Ginnie! it wasn't listed on the weather channels either. Just popped up out of nowhere and destroyed my area..paper, little pieces of fabric, thread, pieces of pvc pipe, printer cable, you name it I'm stepping over it today. I can't even see one machine...and the other one is barely peeking out. The trash can is overflowing and there are pieces of flooring in here even. I have just enough space for my laptop to sit here too. Fabric is pulled down off the shelf and some hanging halfway. The hurricane hit yesterday (it was a mess before then but this made it 10x worse...) and just wreaked havoc. Wonder if I can get FEMA to come help me out? :lol: $$$ would be nice. I don't think its bad enough to require men in white suits though. I think I need my own building for sewing. Oh and maybe just maybe I'll find the missing pinking shears....................Oh and if I'm not posting by say tomorrow morning someone call 911 for me.....it means I've been lost in this mess.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:12 AM

LOL - Good luck to you on your quest.
I try to 'clean up' my messes when I don't have the brain power to sew or the time to get a segment of the project going. That way when I'm ready and have time - my area is all tidied up.
Is it ready for a magazine cover - no way - but it's organized chaos enough for me. Getting it magazine ready is my goal to get done before winter sets in.
Please take a before and after picture for us. You know it'll inspire someone here!
From what I hear I don't think FEMA will be able to help ...
You may want to try VISA!
Old 07-13-2010, 04:13 AM

haha...VISA slams the door in my face!
Old 07-13-2010, 04:14 AM

My quilting room looks like that, too. I'm kinda overflowing with fabric. Yikes! Can't say that too loud, dh might get suspicious. I need more surfaces AND I need to stay off the quilting board and sew!
Old 07-13-2010, 04:14 AM
Power Poster

Hurricane Ginnie was on the front page of my paper today!!! :D:D:D
Just messin with ya hahaha
But Hurricane Susie should be in it :D:D:D
Old 07-13-2010, 04:31 AM

Everyone be honest and confess. Who clicked on this thread to see a picture to compare messes. I did.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:37 AM

Guilty as charged!!!
Old 07-13-2010, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

LOL, sounds like my whole house right now.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:24 AM

I'm scared to go the rest of the house! I know there's a huge box in the den floor, clean clothes on the couch waiting to be folded, dirty clothes waiting to be washed....and so on. The dishes in the sink have probably multpilied by now too....how 5 plates and forks can turn into 15 just amazes me. If I could raise meat chickens and rabbits like that I could sell them!
Old 07-13-2010, 05:50 AM

My room was like that last week. My 2 granddaughters came for a day of sewing, and we kept losing things. I have a 60x80 table I use for cutting large projects & ironing, and it was piled high in the middle. I try, though not always successful, to clean up after each project I finish, before I start on a new one. I sew for people, along with my own stuff. So I can't have a messy sewing area if a client comes. I spent the whole weekend cleaning and organizing. Now that I have it clean I feel so much better. I live alone and the dogs just don't seem to be any help with the rest of the house. I am trying to teach them to run the vacuum and put laundry away, but they don't even pick up their own toys!!!