Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ? February 4th >

It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ? February 4th

It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ? February 4th

Old 02-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Power Poster

Default It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ? February 4th

I have been working on finishing up the late blocks for Boomerang - last night I cut all the fabrics for the Mystery Super Bowl Quilt that is starting tomorrow morning here.

So what have you been up to ?
Old 02-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Power Poster

Well, I'm doing 3 Dear Janes. 3 blocks a week for each, so 9 4.5" blocks a week. It's very fussy work but very addicting. It's a challenge to get the seams to meet right ... and I love a challenge. I also made a new door hanging... posted it here http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...g-t177924.html So that set me back in getting my DJs done, so have to really work at it today and tomorrow, or I'll be behind. I've also got a sweater on the knitting machine as my DGDs birthday is this week.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Power Poster

Nan love that Heart Hanging - have the Dear Jane on my someday list
Old 02-04-2012, 02:58 PM

I made two blocks for my "Just Take Two" mystery quilt, then hubby came home and twisted my arm into going shopping! He walked into the house just at the moment I was folding laundry and thinking "it sure would be nice to have cabinets here" so ... we bought cabinets!

I'm about to go back into the sewing room after I finish my tea.

Sue
Old 02-04-2012, 03:02 PM

Hasn't been the most productive Saturday.... I went to cut out borders for a quilt and didn't have enough fabric...So I cut out a pillowcase to make for my Mom.....My sewing machine that I just got out of the shop, is still skipping stitches....Grumble, grumble, grumble....So discouraging....So I grabbed my never-ever-fail Bernina 1090 and worked on the pillowcase...She's going to love it! Now I'm off to a Valentine's West Coast Swing Dance...All was not lost...
Old 02-04-2012, 03:06 PM

Still working on the Blooming Nine Patch and just came back from the LQS to buy fabric (don't ask how much it was painful lol) for the Star of Bethlehem class that I'm starting on Monday. Trying to do some spring cleaning but its hard to get motivated with all the snow still outside. Also have placemats on the go for my mom's birthday in March.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:10 PM
mim

Nan, I love the door heart. I've been remiss in making door hangings. I will get on it tomorrow before the big game. Here in WA we get games very early in the day. Ane the network news is 3 hours old by the time it airs here. Sometimes it is rather odd to hear the "rest of the story" while they are talking as if it is right now.

I'm doing a DJ in blues and white, hand quilting the sashing on a quilt with a design I made, and getting ready for our guild show.
Mim
Old 02-04-2012, 03:32 PM

Gagasmith and I went to Material Rewards in Dansville (25% off everthing!). It was a nice drive - and even though the store was just a bit full - the ladies behind the counter and cutting tables were soooo friendly and helpful. They even had a snack table with goodies and punch for all of us. The cutter was generous with the measurements. I purchased some 'fishing' theme fabric to make a well deserved quilt (it will be a surprise) for all the help he gives me with my GS. Even though this is an hour drive for us, I definitely will support the shop. Fabric is drying....will be going 'under the knife' soon!
Old 02-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Deb watkins View Post
Gagasmith and I went to Material Rewards in Dansville (25% off everthing!). It was a nice drive - and even though the store was just a bit full - the ladies behind the counter and cutting tables were soooo friendly and helpful. They even had a snack table with goodies and punch for all of us. The cutter was generous with the measurements. I purchased some 'fishing' theme fabric to make a well deserved quilt (it will be a surprise) for all the help he gives me with my GS. Even though this is an hour drive for us, I definitely will support the shop. Fabric is drying....will be going 'under the knife' soon!
Deb, I used to live in Horseheads in 1970 But in more recent years, I've driven by that shop a number of times... never stopped in. Last summer, on my vacation in Rochester, a friend and I drove down. Had a great time. The shop gal put us on to a restaurant on the golf course nearby - wonderful food at great prices.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:49 PM

DD was here this a.m. to help. She lugged a bunch of boxes upstairs to the attic, put away some stuff in a high cabinet (I don't like getting up on ladders anymore), installed TurboTax on my computer and layered my "Santa Go Round" quilt.

I've started quilting Santa. It's a crib/lap sized kaleidoscope, 12 block quilt that's been a UFO for a couple of years--just doing some outline quilting on it. I'm determined to finish at least a couple more UFOs this year (I finished 1 last week). I'm participating in the International FQ fabric swap & plan to do a photo memory quilt for my BFF's 70th birthday in Sept. So any UFOs that get done have to be done NOW.