Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ? February 4th >

It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ? February 4th

It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ? February 4th

Old 02-05-2012, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by mim View Post
What's an Ort Box??? sounds like a UFO -- space oddesyalien place LOL
Mim
An Ort Box is fabric folded origami style to form a flat square that you can pop up to form a small (3"x3"x3") container that can be used for thread nips, etc. You can carry it in your bag, purse, etc. because it folds flat but when twisted it becomes a stand up container for what every you need. We are making them in March, so I'll post when I get mine done and you can see what I'm talking about.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:54 AM

I spent my saturday and sunday pitching -sorting and packing I am finally moving to Missouri next month.My son and his family are going to.. So now I will have my entire family within shouting distance I am so excited And I have 2 quilts to finish so I don't lose any blocks in the shuffle.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:29 AM

On Saturday I went to a quilting class for Stained Glass Quilt. It was fun!!!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:31 AM

I spent my Saturday at LQS being a pretend 'fabric buyer' a gentleman from Northcott was there and did a great presentation on the fabric line and how and where the cotton is grown, processed, woven, printed, etc. A really intresting fact filled how a design becomes a fabric which included how to get started as a designer. The showing of the new lines and getting to vote on the proposed colorways. Snacks. An awsome showing of all the Stonehenge line from the beginning two years ago to the new ones for this year.......and I won the door prize which is a 40 pack of Stonehenge 2 1/2 strips.............as we were seated everyone was given a packet containing fat quarters and half yard cuts of several of the current fabrics. was this heaven or what....no i did not wake up then...this was real. Needless to say i am a total fan now and will always look for the "N" on the top of the bolt for the "cotton fabric that feels like silk".
if you want to see some they are on line www.northcott.com

Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 02-06-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-06-2012, 09:22 AM

almost forgot................there was a batik like fabric that was not stiff...wish i could remember the name thinking it was Cayocas but that is not right...i well look it up and be back....it was beatiful and felt like cotton not wax and draped and the pattern changed (color graduation) towards the borders

ok, it is called
cayuga and my memory (72 yr. young) is of the panel that i held in my hands.....it is part of an entire collection

ok, am going to quilt a charity quilt now, want to finish today....... still floating on memory of saturday

Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 02-06-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:09 AM

I am working on a turtle(not appliqued) quilt for me. It has turtles 12 in square(Multi colored shells, legs, head,tail are dark/light green skin look)with pale green water, lattice work, frame are done and now I am making the borders. The backing will be the same color as the turtle shells. Should finish this quilt tomarrow. Did not watch the super bowl, so got lots of sewing done.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:40 PM

I worked on my HST lap quilt top that I finished up Sunday morning. It's ready to be sandwiched and quilted. You can see a picture in my photo album or the thread I started in the Pictures forum yesterday.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:33 PM

[QUOTE=kathdavis;4943900]Why was your water brown?[/QUOTE

Kath, water department said that we had so much rain that it stirred the water up and stopped up the main filter. I don't really believe that - since our water goes months stirred up. But this time it was really brown; at least it didn't last too long. Last summer it was brown for several weeks. I had to take my laundry to the laundry mat. Also had to buy water for drinking and cooking and dishes. Oh well, life in rural America. lol
Old 02-07-2012, 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=mrsponcho1;4950297]
Originally Posted by kathdavis View Post
Why was your water brown?[/QUOTE

Kath, water department said that we had so much rain that it stirred the water up and stopped up the main filter. I don't really believe that - since our water goes months stirred up. But this time it was really brown; at least it didn't last too long. Last summer it was brown for several weeks. I had to take my laundry to the laundry mat. Also had to buy water for drinking and cooking and dishes. Oh well, life in rural America. lol
Linda, that would be a real drag having to put up with that. Their excuse doesn't sound right. Hopefully, it doesn't happen too often.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:03 PM

And we ate there as well! What a small world. I love that shop and will be headed there again!