Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ? February 4th >

It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ? February 4th

It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ? February 4th

Old 02-04-2012, 06:50 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

No sewing today, sewing machine is at the dr's. Nothing wrong with it, just for a check up.....sooooo I have been trying to re-organize my sewing area and sorting thru my stash. AND spending time on here. :-)
Old 02-04-2012, 06:57 PM

Lazying around until time for my youngest, 15 get ready for his 2nd semi-formal but first going with a girl. Not ready for this! Our oldest, is 28, then they just keep on going (7 of them) until the 15 year old- too depressed to sew, my baby is growing up!
Old 02-04-2012, 07:05 PM

went to a quiltshop and took my granddaughter with me and enjoyed a nice ride in the country and had dinner with hubby, children and grandkids. This was my birthday gift and enjoyed it.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:07 PM

Well...I spent several hours today with a Longarmer who sells A1's. Can I just say....I LOVE THIS MACHINE!!! after playing on a scrap/practice piece, she loaded (WE loaded)a charity quilt and quilted away. Talk about SMOOOOOOTH! I get to buy one in a few months, so EXCITED!!! then, I came home took a short nap, got up and went to dinner. My cousin from Michigan was in town, so us cousins got together and went for mexican food. Now I stuffed and in no mood to really sew. Where in the heck did the day go?? Nice to see you Sharon b, hope all is well in your world
Old 02-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Power Poster

Happy Birthday Countryblocks ! What a nice day you had

HI Sue I am well just busy with work and trying to keep up with swaps LOL
Old 02-04-2012, 07:51 PM

Our water has been brown for several days but finally cleared up today. So, I did 4 loads of laundry - took forever since had low water pressure - I'm sure everyone was doing laundry. Cleaned both bathrooms and straightened up rest of house. Spent some time trying to decide how to quilt my latest quilt, just decided and sit down to hand quilt when dh came in to house. He said that he was tired of hearing the neighbor's dog barking and wanted to go ride 4-wheeler. He asked me to go (it is a side by side Razor) so off we went. Had a great time but it was really cold. We cleared some trails so did get a little exercise.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:13 PM

Oh being very lazy, sitting here with a cooler, trying to decide what to sew next. I got a quilt that needs binding finished, then I can post a pic. maybe tomorrow
Old 02-04-2012, 08:17 PM

Had an open house, one person came. whipped up a small table topper for youngest son's new girl friend. Went out to eat with three of my grown kids and their spouses. Talked and laughed alot, good day
Old 02-05-2012, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by mrsponcho1 View Post
Our water has been brown for several days but finally cleared up today. So, I did 4 loads of laundry - took forever since had low water pressure - I'm sure everyone was doing laundry. Cleaned both bathrooms and straightened up rest of house. Spent some time trying to decide how to quilt my latest quilt, just decided and sit down to hand quilt when dh came in to house. He said that he was tired of hearing the neighbor's dog barking and wanted to go ride 4-wheeler. He asked me to go (it is a side by side Razor) so off we went. Had a great time but it was really cold. We cleared some trails so did get a little exercise.
Why was your water brown?
Old 02-05-2012, 10:45 AM
mim

What's an Ort Box??? sounds like a UFO -- space oddesyalien place LOL
Mim
Originally Posted by kathdavis View Post
Went to sewing club this morning at Missouri Sewing Machine, then this afternoon I taught a class after club on the 9 patch wonder potholder, and the fleece loop scarf. We had a good time. Each month after club, one of us is going to teach the group something and we get to sew together for a few hours. We thought it is a nice way to sew away the winter blues and learn something new. Next month we are making Ort boxes. I can't wait! I need to get off the computer and get something done.