Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
January 2014  Weight loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!! >

January 2014 Weight loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!

January 2014 Weight loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!!

Old 01-09-2014, 05:53 PM

I'm in, but will start with the month of February since January is 1/3 over (when did THAT happen?). For anyone looking for a convenient way to count calories, check out myfitnesspal.com. They also have an app. Theoretically, if I just DON'T eat the way I've been eating over the holidays, I should lose weight. But, alas, the metabolism has come to a screeching halt and it doesn't work that way anymore. Sad sigh.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:56 AM

I like yogurt the way Meanmom does too. Especially in the sumner with a little granola & fresh fruit- yum- tastes like dessert! My new favorite breakfast for winter is oatmeal cooked with a diced apple & a teaspoon of cinnamon & a teaspoon of brown sugar. I was never a big fan of oatmeal growing up but I like it this way.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:48 AM

Default Friday Funny

Just a little humor for you today.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 01-10-2014, 10:02 AM

So, I joined WW last week and have been staying on track, eating lots of fruits and veggies and cutting out snacking.

My FQ's are in the mail today, sorry for the delay.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by JenGaile View Post
So, I joined WW last week and have been staying on track, eating lots of fruits and veggies and cutting out snacking.

My FQ's are in the mail today, sorry for the delay.
With the way the weather has been across the country, I understand the delay in mailing the FQ's. when they arrive I will let you know.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
Love the colors in your quilt Cindy. I "bit the bullet" yesterday and went for my weigh in. I was surprised that I had only gained 6 lbs. over Nov and Dec. I was expecting a lot more. I got back on track and I'm keeping my food journal and drinking my water. That's what helps me the most. Keeping track of my eating. I try to make this little saying my motto..."if you bite it, you write it". Makes me think twice about sticking something in my mouth out of habit or boredom. I haven't gotten out to get my FQ's yet. It's been so cold and now tonight we have freezing rain. Hopefully it will warm up like they said on the weather forecast and I can get to town.
Debbie
I went for my weigh in today and I was down 3.4 lbs. I had gained 6.2 from Nov. and Dec. eating all the wrong things. I'm back on track and doing better. I had a "sugar withdrawal" headache for two days but got over it. Getting my water in when it was 9 degrees outside was the hardest part.

Cindy, I've got my FQ's and will probably mail them one day next week. It's raining cats and dogs here today. haha

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Debbie
Old 01-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

I might join next month. the dietician put me on a diabetes diet and i'm thinking of getting in on this. it's to late to join now. I didn't get to see her till the 2nd, and just started it on mon. good luck all
Old 01-11-2014, 05:30 AM

Here is today's tip

Choose whole grains like oats to replace high calorie pastries. You can save calories and spare yourself excess fat, sugar and sodium. For a delicious, seasonal breakfast, try making breakfast bars with canned pumpkin, cinnamon, dried cranberries and walnuts. http://www.choosemyplate.gov/<wbr>food-groups/downloads/TenTips/<wbr>DGTipsheet4MakeHalfYourGrainsW<wbr>hole.pdf
Old 01-11-2014, 11:50 AM

Well, I was financially committed to doing this, but haven't even pretended to change my eating. Next month i will hopefully be in the swing of things.
What are the three sq's that I'm sending? Left my car open during the storms and it froze shut after i closed it up. It's thawed now! Yay! Just letting you know I'm still here!
Old 01-11-2014, 01:43 PM

Hey, nancia! Welcome back! We could use an update on your sweet little Olivia. Maybe a picture too?