Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-03-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by pnptrapp
I've been stuck at a platue for a month now! Now I'm fluctuating between 8 to 12 lbs! I need to start tracking all of my calories I eat.
When you get stuck on a plateau, the best thing to do is step it up a notch. Add a little more exercise, more water, a little less food. Do MORE of what you have been doing, and add something different, to change things around. When you step it up a notch, your body will respond to the change and you will get off that plateau. I wish you the best in getting out of this rut you feel you are in. Sandy
Old 06-03-2011, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Thusnelda
Originally Posted by Xylie55
I wish I had your confidence.But,sadly,I don't.I just don't like counting chickens before they hatch,because some are not going to make it,and that's just a fact.We are just getting started.As time goes on,we're going to start getting grumpy and lose momentum.and it will not get any easier the more we continue.We are going to have to stick with it no matter what,and get focused and stay focused on losing weight.I think the fact there are so many contestants this month should give everybody encouragement and hutzba to continue on.And the fact there is a HUGE prize this month,is great.But most of us just want and need to lose weight and keep it off.I'm afraid if we lose fast,we gain it back,and then some again.The fat quarters to me are a plus,but not worth backsliding over down the road.However,I am also sure 100%,that we all are going to give it our best shot.I know I will.It's anybody's game.And like last month,some of the big losers,like me,lost a lot,but things happened,and some of the weight came back on.Mine due to a med change from my Dr..But I'm all straightened out now,so that won't happen this month.This month should be a good month for all of us,because I know from experience,competition is good and it spurs us on.All I can do is my best.Weather that's good enough,don't know.But am going to give it my best effort.And there are sleepers out there as well.who don't always chime in every day,but once a week as required.I think some of those are the ones to be looking out for.I can tell,you have a competitive spirit.And that is good.We need that,in fact we all could use a little of that.And we're going to have to if we're going to have any chance at all of winning.So,get going ladies,and myself included.I want to see a 5 pound drop from all of you this month.I'll have mine off by the week- end this week.
I'm not that confident, but somehow I have to get myself going. And I had a good start. I'd actually be quite happy if I'd have lost 8 to 10 pounds by the end of June. That would be great.
Well,I have to agree.I think as long as we go down the scales,we make headway.I lost 7 pounds last month,and it was a bumpy ride.Seems the closer I get down,the harder it is to get and stay focused. I'm teetering like crazy.So I need to get re-focused and stay focused.I still got 50 pounds to go.That's what is so great about this thread.We do get help and support here.As well as tips and good receipe's.And a good start is great,I don't have a good start this month as yet,but by monday I will have all my meals planned out,and calories counted for next week.So,should see a change.Key is to stick with it no matter what.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:26 AM

Thanks, I think for me it's the planning of the meals that does me in! I have two young boys and it seems like we're always running crazy, or that I've lost track of time and feel rushed to make dinner or lunch or sometimes breakfast, and end up eating whatever's handy. Try to stock up on healthy/ healthier stuff, but it's ahrd to find good food that's quick and easy! :)
Old 06-03-2011, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by pnptrapp
Thanks, I think for me it's the planning of the meals that does me in! I have two young boys and it seems like we're always running crazy, or that I've lost track of time and feel rushed to make dinner or lunch or sometimes breakfast, and end up eating whatever's handy. Try to stock up on healthy/ healthier stuff, but it's ahrd to find good food that's quick and easy! :)
Get you some fruit and veggies cut up and bagged to just grab and go if needed. The 100 calorie packs are good to, i am also having fruit and veggies bag for on the run.

Good luck
Old 06-03-2011, 12:22 PM

Good day all. Never got my walk in yesterday so this morning did a double walk hope that keeps me on track Food so far today has been good, snacks have been healthy and dinner is shrimp on the grill with tomato salad. Don't even want to think about an evening snack that is the hardest time for me eating wise. So far just under 2.5 pounds gone and I won't let them back no matter how the food beckons me.
Need to get to my quilting so I keep my mind from wondering to the kitchen and you know what can be lurking there. lol
Stay strong, Hugs
Gail
Old 06-03-2011, 12:37 PM

If I am not too late, I will join this month. I'll just let you know if I am on the road.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:43 PM

I am not very good with a computer. How do I get my weight loss ticker from the website to my signature?
Old 06-03-2011, 12:58 PM

[quote=purplemem]I have had several ask me how to get the ticker onto signature block.

Go to Myfitnesspal.com. Register. At the top of the page will be tabs. Pick the one that says "tools". Click on it and the ticker instructions will be on the right side.

When you finish your ticker, it will give you a choice of two sections of print to copy and paste. Pick the one on the left, not for your web page, but for your billboard or forum.

Right Click and Copy all those words inside the boxes. Go to your profile here on the quilting board, Right click and paste those words in the signature box. The pasted message will begin with [url=http
when you place that in the box, go to the bottom of the page and hit update general information. This should be at the bottom of your signature in your next entry.

As long as you keep myfitnesspal updated, it will automatically update your signature on the quilting board. Very cool![/quote]

meanmom. MJ posted this yesterday. I've never tried. Good luck.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:17 PM

I didn't lose much the last month scale wise, but I did lose over an INCH :) I count that as significant, even though the scale wasn't my friend.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:19 PM

Oh - for on the run snacks - you can measure out some cereal. It's crunchy and can take a while to eat.