Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The lives and loves of 18" dolls >

The lives and loves of 18" dolls

The lives and loves of 18" dolls

Old 01-22-2014, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by mudose8 View Post
Here's a link to free A.G. doll patterns. She also has quilting related projects. funthreads.blogspot.be
www.funthreads.blogspot.com
Old 02-18-2014, 06:32 AM

Default Sweaters and purse

Originally Posted by Sue Fish View Post
Thanks...getting close to 200 of those little sweaters I have made now....do it totally mindlessly now lol
Love your sweaters and purses Sue. I will be surfing the web for similar patterns.
Terry
Old 02-18-2014, 06:55 AM

Just joined this thread and hoping to see many more posts. Just wondering....I was thinking about making some outfits to sell at a craft show this fall. What are people charging for home made outfits?
Terry
Old 06-20-2016, 03:08 PM

Nancia these pictures are from Judith and the doll clothes she made.

They are so darling!!!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg  
Old 06-20-2016, 03:27 PM

Thank you Owlie for posting for me. Nancia, I think I have gotten the hang of doll clothes. These little babies are as addictive as making postcards or eating chips. You know, can't make just one. Lol I have one little granddaughter right now with another on the way! They will be just 15 months apart. Oh, the joy. Two little's to sew for.I an sewing these clothes for an adorable Waldorf doll that I found for a song. Little did I know with a little research, that I got the deal of a lifetime. Now, I just need to find one more for grand baby #2. Aw well, at least I have time.

I made most of these with Simplicity patterns. And the shoes I made from a really old Simplicity pattern that I found at my mom's house. I wonder, anyone else doing any summer doll clothes sewing? I still have a few more outfits ready to assemble by my sewing machine.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:02 PM

I love the journey girl dolls, I found one at a goodwill which I gave to my little granddaughter, I loved the face so much I got on ebay and found one for myself so I would have one to use as a pattern to make her clothes by. I have discovered I am better at quilt making than I am at making doll clothes. yours are very pretty and well made!
Old 06-20-2016, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by donna873 View Post
I love the journey girl dolls, I found one at a goodwill which I gave to my little granddaughter, I loved the face so much I got on ebay and found one for myself so I would have one to use as a pattern to make her clothes by. I have discovered I am better at quilt making than I am at making doll clothes. yours are very pretty and well made!
Thank you Donna. I just spent 10 days with my mom. She taught me how to read a pattern. The oh so important "notches", fabric placement and construction. And the fun began. We had a lot of laughs and little dolly got a new wardrobe.(17") I will definitely have to make sure I get a doll for my house for " fittings".
Old 06-20-2016, 10:51 PM

Hi ladies. I'm not a doll clothes sewer but boy am I impressed with what you are all making.

I have enjoyed scrolling through all 25 pages and admiring such beautiful outfits.

Keep up the great work and I will pop back in to see the new season's line.

Judith your display looks straight out of a kiddies clothing store.
Old 06-21-2016, 11:15 AM

HERE IT IS, JUNE 2016 and where have we been???

to catch up i now have an almost 10 yr old new dgd! named olivia. we call her LALA, because our first arrived dgd is olivia, and we call her LULU. and now, there is also, charlotte who is 2! i will not say how many dolls we have, but LALA is retiring her 3. And LULU has dolls with costumes for cinderella, elsa, anna, snow white, sleeping beauty, and rapunsel, and is waiting for belle, jasmine and tianna. goodness, who have i missed?? i found a place to buy wholesale clothes for girl and boy dolls. i now have 4 boys, long stories how i got them, but they aren't originally girls, they have always been boys. i'm not sure they sold very well, but i am delighted to have them!
Is anyone interested in a DOLL WEDDING? i will be with lulu, lala and char-lotti . their mom might want to get into it, too. let me know!

Last edited by nancia; 06-21-2016 at 11:20 AM. Reason: can't type, can't spell, can sew!
Old 06-21-2016, 11:30 AM

judy, i guess you have! i think i found a doll similar to your waldorf but has no hair or face. interested?

donna, it all starts with a doll! then the insanity! i am the one your mother warned you about! i don't clean, i sew! and the dolls have taken over our world! dh is pretty good about it, but i have to sneak the new dolls in, one more, one less, he doesn't count them, or can't.......... i wonder...........how many are there??? lololololōo
make sure you get your friends involved, too. we are not too old or senile, girls just wanna have fun!

deecee, come on! you have a dgd or two! please come play!