Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse

Mouse

How is the fastest way to get rid of a mouse? I have put decon out and he hasn't eaten it yet. He likes to walk across my competer desk. He is a brave little thing. Please help me.

I suggest...SHOT GUN

My orange cat would do a job like that in a flash. If cats are not your thing, there are traps that are gray with a really heavy strong snap spring. Go visit your local hardware or farm supply
    store and pick up a couple (around $12 Canadian but they are washable and re-usable many
    times). I bait them with peanut butter and it usually doesn't take long and your mouse will
    definitely be dead. I dislike killing critters but that mouse just has to go.
    Last edited by Shelbie; 11-26-2011 at 02:22 PM.
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

I agree, snap trap (only $1 for 2 here at the dollar store in the US!) and peanut butter. Then you have to make sure your house is sealed up well, otherwise all his kin will be visiting you. If you can, get down on your hands and knees and think like a mouse, go all around the outside of your house at the foundation, feeling for any little cracks or holes. Use expanding foam insulation.

Power Poster
    I hate to kill the little things but they have to go! I have my husband bait snap traps with peanut butter and then dispose of the evidence before I see them. We had a couple in the attic and I could hear them at night and it was driving me crazy!

Blog Entries
    mouse trap with peanut butter

Blog Entries
    peanut butter and a big pair of boots-if it ran oer my shoe I'd die of fright!!-good luck

Blog Entries
    A mouse trap with a small piece of bread and butter and then light a match and burn it a little toasty. Set it there and go somewhere else so it is nice and quiet. A little while later you will have the little bugger in the trap. Decon needs water for them to drink after they eat it otherwise they bloat and stink. They are suppose to just dry up if you have water there. My favorite is some milk and antifreeze if you don't have any pets that might drink it. That kills them deader than a doornail now. do the same thing for rats. Only use bigger bait, like Tomcat or Warfarin. That is what Coumadin is--warfarin is a blood thinner and it causes them to have hemorraghic bleds. That is what killed my mother on the 2nd of Nov. She had one that started about 2 weeks before and of course she didn't know until the thing got so big that she went into a coma, that she never came out of. I prayed to God that she would take her so she didn't have to lay there. The dr said she wasn't suffering, but my Dad was to see her lying there like that. Good thing they had living wills to stop them from hooking her up to all kinds of things.

Please, please, please use one of the humane traps. They work really well.

And let it loose where? It will continue to find its way back in and possibly bring friends. Eewww

Quote Originally Posted by akrogirl View Post
    Please, please, please use one of the humane traps. They work really well.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast