Mouse

Old 11-27-2011, 01:31 PM

Please be VERY careful if you use poison. Other animals can/will consume the dead mouse, and the poison can/will kill them too. I know-my cat died from eating a mouse that had been poisoned by someone. It was awful. He started throwing up and acting wobbly. I rushed him to the vet six blocks away, but he was unable to be saved. That secured in my mind that poison would not be in my arsenal.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:45 PM

the very best poison for a mouse is ready made cement we had a grainery and they were so thick they ran up the walls we were told to use small containers like jar lids and mix half and half with sugar and ready mix cement within a few days no mice and nothing else bothered it
Old 11-27-2011, 02:11 PM

Maybe you could try to train him (or her) to do something useful around the house, like threading your sewing machine or something. As I get older, I could use a little critter like that to help thread those size 11 needles that I use. I need some eyes down there close to the action. I sure can’t depend on my danged cat to do it for me. Are needle eyes getting smaller, or is it just me?

Can you tell if he’s computer literate or not? If you’ve noticed him on the computer desk, he may have a Facebook account....

CD in Oklahoma
Old 11-27-2011, 05:23 PM

I found an electronic mousetrap at Home Depot. A couple of batteries, a dab of peanut butter, turn it on and zap! One fried mouse. Just open the trap door and shake him out. No touching, no continuing to live with a broken back or tail and no danger to pets. (Unless you have a pet mouse! LOL).
Old 11-27-2011, 05:43 PM

Mice come in when it gets colder out. Some stay and some leave when the weather gets warm. I have one of the electronic thingys you plug into the wall outlet and have been "mouse free" for over a year now. It also kept the ants out all year. That in itself is a blessing. I forgot to mention all of the flea trap thing. You take a shallow white bowl, put water and a little dish detergent in it, and suspend a night light over the bowl at night. Really works if you have a
problem with them.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:53 PM

I have two different kinds of the electronic ones catch as many mice in the snap tap right under one as I chase out with them, We live in the country and it is expected in the fall we are just ready with snap traps the cat has left 3 or four gifts and we have snapped at least 11 can not find any holes but they come in where pipes come up so I am sure there are spots we have not covered.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:53 PM

I have stupid mice. If you were a mouse, would you come in this house??!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]291355[/ATTACH]

ETA--the kitty at the bottom right is One-eyed Lucy Toosie. Best danged mouser I've ever seen!
Attached Thumbnails all.jpg  
Old 11-27-2011, 06:00 PM

If I were a mouse your house would be first!! they are to busy lazing on the bed to catch me!! After all I am a pro!! LOL
Old 11-27-2011, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Up North View Post
If I were a mouse your house would be first!! they are to busy lazing on the bed to catch me!! After all I am a pro!! LOL
LOL! Actually they had just "helped" me make the bed. The one up on the pillows will sit for hours outside of the heater closet waiting for one to poke it's head out. The only one that isn't a mouser is the 2nd one from the left. He's 14 years old and a scardy cat, he would probably wet the bed if a mouse got close to him, lol
Old 11-27-2011, 06:51 PM

My cat will sit in front of the stove or fridge for hours but the snap trap usually gets them first, I am thinking they come in where the gas line comes in we need to block that behind the stove.