Mouse

Old 11-28-2011, 07:24 AM

If you have pets don't use poison. If you or your husband are clumsy don't use snap traps. Try the glue RAT traps. They are bigger and have a better chance of catching the mouse. If you are truly desperate, then cover at least half of your computer desk with the glue traps. Wash everything carefully. Not only is bubonic plague spread on mouse fleas if it is in the area, there are very bad diseases spread by the urine of mice. There is nothing that is good about a wild mouse. There are not endangered. Not killing a mouse makes as much sense as catching flies and mosquitoes and turning them loose outside the house.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:30 AM

These diseases are all spread by mice. Don't mess around. Kill them as fast as you can and disinfect where they have been.

Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome
Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome
Lassa Fever
Leptospirosis
Lymphocytic Chorio-meningitis (LCM)
Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever
Old 11-28-2011, 07:53 AM

A good spring trap is the best. We have found that if we have cats they help keep the mice population down. Good luck, finding evidence of mice is awful. I always dislike fall because the cold weather brings in all the mice the cats don't get.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:16 AM

Recently had a critter come into my house. Thought it was a mouse so husband tried glue board. LOL it ran away with said board which we still have not found, but he was still around. Tried the black box things, but this was one smart hombre. Never even touched it, not the smaller one nor the large one. We even left a small trail of cheese up to the box. Finally had to use a snap type trap and caught him in the garage. Not a mouse, but a rat. Don't know where he came from but know where he went. Totally emptied my pantry to trash, pulled all shelves, stripped shelf paper, scrubbed everything with bleach, repainted pantry and put new paper. All for being humane, but not when they come into my house.

mltquilt

mltquilt
Old 11-28-2011, 09:05 AM

we have mint plants planted along the one side of the building where the dryer vent is -- my daughter had bought a house and was having the mouse problem had her plant the mint. and no problem now
Old 11-28-2011, 09:14 AM

The plug ins work great i put one in my garage an no more mice get them at wal mart
Old 11-28-2011, 10:11 AM

Glad to hear the electronic repellants work. Our house up north has a mouse problem. Its a new house in the country and I'm so upset mice have found their way in. When we visited there last summer I plugged in an electronic thingee in every room. Didn't see any but it was summer and they come in when weather turns cold. We did go around the whole house and foamed every spot a pipe came in. We think they they are getting in from the garage. The walls and ceiling are dry walled out ther but there was a crack between the wall and celing. We trimmed out the ceiling with 2x2s so hopefully that stopped them. I want them gone!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Treasureit View Post
I suggest...SHOT GUN
Coffee all over my computer. I may never stop laughing! That's how I feel about those doggone little beasties, though!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:13 AM

Well since I am against killing any animal because they have souls too. Go to the hardware store and see if you can find those clear plastic traps that catch them alive and bait it and when you catch it, take it out away from the house and turn it loose.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:18 AM

I have the electronic things to but the place we catch the most mice is right underneath it! I do not think they work Fabric softener sheets in drawers and cupboards work best.