Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Help with Pan

Son took nice, expensive Calphalon pan and put it in a campfire last night. He burned a bunch of blueberries. they are black, and all over the pan. I soaked the pan, and some of it will not come out. I have little black spots all over in the pan. Also the whole entire back of the pan is pure black.

I have scrubbed with Comet after soaking all night, and going after it with a scrubbing pad. Any ideas of how to save the pan? I just can;t scour one more minute. I am pooped, and my skin is getting raw.

Would Oxyclean work? I think I'd read the label or google it to see.

Maybe this trick will help. Fill the pan with water and let the water boil for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maksi
    Maybe this trick will help. Fill the pan with water and let the water boil for a few minutes.
    What she said, only add alot of salt to the water. You can also use the salt to scour the pan.

I did this to a Calphalon pan of my own. I was making blueberry yogurt. One min. they were fine the next they were burnt solid to bottom of pan. I thought pan was done for also. My husband soaked it in dishwasher detergent. Cascade to be exact. For a couple of days. He got it clean just like new.

Interesting! I thought you were not supposed to put Calphalon in the dish washer??

Quote Originally Posted by betc
    I did this to a Calphalon pan of my own. I was making blueberry yogurt. One min. they were fine the next they were burnt solid to bottom of pan. I thought pan was done for also. My husband soaked it in dishwasher detergent. Cascade to be exact. For a couple of days. He got it clean just like new.

Quote Originally Posted by tdgiffin
    Son took nice, expensive Calphalon pan and put it in a campfire last night.
    And just a thought, go to the nearest resale shop and find him a good old fashion cast iron for his campfire cooking.

Be sure to teach him out to season it, he'll love it. He can season it over the campfire! Perfect.

I never went camping ~ cooked over open flame/fire ~ without one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MzMcKee
    Son took nice, expensive Calphalon pan and put it in a campfire last night.
    And just a thought, go to the nearest resale shop and find him a good old fashion cast iron for his campfire cooking.

Be sure to teach him out to season it, he'll love it. He can season it over the campfire! Perfect.

I never went camping ~ cooked over open flame/fire ~ without one.
    Iron is the only skillets I'll ever use! My mom cooked and still cooks with them and I have 7 of all differant sizes.

Calphalon recommend Barkeepers Friend cleaner. Good to know as that is what I use on my stainless steel sink as well.

http://www.barkeepersfriend.com/links.htm

Son took nice, expensive Calphalon pan and put it in a campfire last night. He burned a bunch of blueberries. they are black, and all over the pan. I soaked the pan, and some of it will not come out. I have little black spots all over in the pan. Also the whole entire back of the pan is pure black.

I have scrubbed with Comet after soaking all night, and going after it with a scrubbing pad. Any ideas of how to save the pan? I just can;t scour one more minute. I am pooped, and my skin is getting raw.

Try a Mr. Clean eraser wont hurt inside or out and might get everything off

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast