Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Need Help with Pan

  1. #1
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,316
    Son took nice, expensive Calphalon pan and put it in a campfire last night. He burned a bunch of blueberries. they are black, and all over the pan. I soaked the pan, and some of it will not come out. I have little black spots all over in the pan. Also the whole entire back of the pan is pure black.

    I have scrubbed with Comet after soaking all night, and going after it with a scrubbing pad. Any ideas of how to save the pan? I just can;t scour one more minute. I am pooped, and my skin is getting raw.

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,547
    Would Oxyclean work? I think I'd read the label or google it to see.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Maksi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    741
    Maybe this trick will help. Fill the pan with water and let the water boil for a few minutes.

  4. #4
    Suzan Larrimore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Maksi
    Maybe this trick will help. Fill the pan with water and let the water boil for a few minutes.
    What she said, only add alot of salt to the water. You can also use the salt to scour the pan.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Lizzytish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    605
    I did this to a Calphalon pan of my own. I was making blueberry yogurt. One min. they were fine the next they were burnt solid to bottom of pan. I thought pan was done for also. My husband soaked it in dishwasher detergent. Cascade to be exact. For a couple of days. He got it clean just like new.

  6. #6
    Super Member donnajean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Holland, PA
    Posts
    3,875
    Interesting! I thought you were not supposed to put Calphalon in the dish washer??


    Quote Originally Posted by betc
    I did this to a Calphalon pan of my own. I was making blueberry yogurt. One min. they were fine the next they were burnt solid to bottom of pan. I thought pan was done for also. My husband soaked it in dishwasher detergent. Cascade to be exact. For a couple of days. He got it clean just like new.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rockford, Illnois
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by tdgiffin
    Son took nice, expensive Calphalon pan and put it in a campfire last night.
    And just a thought, go to the nearest resale shop and find him a good old fashion cast iron for his campfire cooking.

    Be sure to teach him out to season it, he'll love it. He can season it over the campfire! Perfect.

    I never went camping ~ cooked over open flame/fire ~ without one.

  8. #8
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    14,976
    Blog Entries
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by MzMcKee
    Quote Originally Posted by tdgiffin
    Son took nice, expensive Calphalon pan and put it in a campfire last night.
    And just a thought, go to the nearest resale shop and find him a good old fashion cast iron for his campfire cooking.

    Be sure to teach him out to season it, he'll love it. He can season it over the campfire! Perfect.

    I never went camping ~ cooked over open flame/fire ~ without one.
    Iron is the only skillets I'll ever use! My mom cooked and still cooks with them and I have 7 of all differant sizes.

  9. #9
    Super Member donnajean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Holland, PA
    Posts
    3,875
    Calphalon recommend Barkeepers Friend cleaner. Good to know as that is what I use on my stainless steel sink as well.

    http://www.barkeepersfriend.com/links.htm

    Quote Originally Posted by tdgiffin
    Son took nice, expensive Calphalon pan and put it in a campfire last night. He burned a bunch of blueberries. they are black, and all over the pan. I soaked the pan, and some of it will not come out. I have little black spots all over in the pan. Also the whole entire back of the pan is pure black.

    I have scrubbed with Comet after soaking all night, and going after it with a scrubbing pad. Any ideas of how to save the pan? I just can;t scour one more minute. I am pooped, and my skin is getting raw.

  10. #10
    Super Member jayelee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chaumont NY
    Posts
    1,174
    Try a Mr. Clean eraser wont hurt inside or out and might get everything off

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.