Need ideas

Old 11-14-2016, 11:12 AM

Same idea, but real money. On my side of the family, we only gift the kids up to 21. On my DH side - argh - what an agony gifting is. Last year I shopped exactly 1 day and bought actual gifts for toddler age kids. Everyone else got money or gift cards.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:23 AM

I got the cutest modern paper piecing pattern book. There are pattterns for Hers and His shoe bags. I thought I'd make my daughter and SIL these for Christmas. They do a lot of travelling with nice shoes. And I have a Christmas quilt started (for myself though). That's at the bottom of the priorities.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:26 PM
Power Poster

Aprons, pillow cases, pillows, 3 quilts, table toppers, a shark sleeping bag, a turtle play mat, placemats & a wool hooked rug.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

I get the gift cards from the grocery or even WAlmart that are VISA, AMERICAN EXPRESS, DISCOVER. mine are from VISA. They can use them anywhere. Since there is quite a distance, it's easier than from specific stores, like different national chain restaurants or such. They let me know they have them and that is when I let them know they can use anywhere for anything.
Originally Posted by grannie cheechee View Post
Money. I've bought gift cards in the past, and they forget where they put them or they weren't thrilled with the choice. They all like money. LOL
Old 11-14-2016, 01:34 PM

Grown kids already got their Christmas $$$. Grands will most likely get their Christmas $$$ soon. We put $$$ in the Great Grands college fund in lieu of birthday, holiday gifts, so not much gift opening at our house. Prime rib for supper and games. Might make party mix for the guys and use the plastic containers I picked up after Christmas last year. Might make potholders or casserole carriers for the girls. One year I knitted mittens for all 7 girls - never again !!!
Old 11-14-2016, 02:23 PM

sewnsewer2, like you I need different ideas each year. These kids (2 boys/2 girls) are my friend's grand kids but they all come here Xmas Eve. Last year I made them pillow cases...the year before I made placemats that had a strip of blackboard fabric so they could chalk while they used them.... the year before that I printed out a snowman picture thing from the computer and you folded it up over a large chocolate bar..... I started an apron for one of the girls, but don't think I'll continue with it, as I don't think it'll ever get worn. Keep hoping I'll find some small thing to make them (as of course we already agreed no gift exchanges for the adults anymore)
Old 11-14-2016, 02:42 PM

This year making jewelry for girls - necklace, bracelet, and earing's. Neighbors and church same they are all women.
Men and boys hooded sweatshirts & pants. May need to add a something more to girls.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:26 PM
Power Poster

pillowcases, got my son a leather bound journal, i was going to do it myself, but found it cheaper on line, got him a matching wooden pen. table runners and ornaments
Old 11-15-2016, 12:46 AM

Here's some things I've made for co-workers over the years:
Rope Bowls
Thread Bowls
Coasters
Humbug Bags
Snap Happy Bags
Quilted Scarves
Quillows
Wall Hangings
Coke Can Koozies
Pillowcases
Yarn Hot Pads
Microwave soup bowl holders
Knitted dish rags
Dryer Balls
Cookies
Candy
Cranberry Bread (mini loaf)
Old 11-15-2016, 05:01 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
sewnsewer2, like you I need different ideas each year. These kids (2 boys/2 girls) are my friend's grand kids but they all come here Xmas Eve. Last year I made them pillow cases...the year before I made placemats that had a strip of blackboard fabric so they could chalk while they used them.... the year before that I printed out a snowman picture thing from the computer and you folded it up over a large chocolate bar..... I started an apron for one of the girls, but don't think I'll continue with it, as I don't think it'll ever get worn. Keep hoping I'll find some small thing to make them (as of course we already agreed no gift exchanges for the adults anymore)
I've done the same as you.