October weight loss 2015

Old 10-03-2015, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

Wow Pam H. have some wonderful trips and congratulations upon all the weddings.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:01 PM

Travel safe, Pam. Weddings are so special in the lives of our families. I'm glad you could be with your children for theirs. Speaking of weddings, I delivered a quilt this week, finally.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...d-t270666.html
Old 10-03-2015, 07:27 PM

Pam have safe travels. Enjoy yourself on the special days. Best wishes to the brides and grooms. It sounds like you will have some awesome experiences at the weddings.
Judy I love your quilt. I'm not a big fan a panels but I love what you did with it. I feel like I have gained the past week or so. I have had candy and chips and other bad things. No exercise to speak of. Every time I have the time it has been raining. Luckily the scale hasn't moved. Hopefully it will clear up tomorrow before we get rain again from the after effects of the hurricaine. I guess if I wasn't so lazy I could go use my elliptical. I have my DD and her boyfriend living here right now. They just moved back to town from Florida and are still looking for a place. My DD starts her new job in 2 weeks. Her boyfriend got here a month before her to start his new job.
Hopefully I will be back on track in the morning. The bag of candy is empty, that should help.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:09 PM
Power Poster

Meanmom if you have a TV in front of it, I will come and use your elliptical. Maybe we can take turns and encourage each other.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:36 AM

We made it to China. Oh my. What a miserable trip. I forgot to take my compression stockings. I must be carrying a few pounds of water in my legs. From the time we left our house to catch the shuttle until we got to the apartment we are staying at in Shanghai it was 32 1/2 hours. 3 flights. Hubby and I are here by ourselves for a couple hours waiting for other family members to get here. I am on the couch with my feet up! My DS brought his computer so I am able to catch up a bit while I relax. Oh the view from this couch is amazing!
Love your quilt Judy and I'm sure the happy couple will enjoy cuddling under it.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:54 PM

Pam glad to hear you made it there. Wow long travel time. Keep your feet up and enjoy yourself. It sounds like you have an awesome and busy month. I look forward to your pictures.
Anna yes I have a TV in front of my elliptical. I would never, ever use it without one. I went out bike riding yesterday. I rode 15 miles. It was a gorgeous day. Cool and sunny. The local bike path runs along the river and thru some woods. It is so nice and quiet. My kindergartener was out today so my other student made up for it. He was off all day. He is autistic but mom swears he isn't. We went for numerous walks today. He threw some things at kids at recess and pushed the recess lady. (I'm not with him then) In class he refused to work and talked out constantly. He was mad at the end of the day because he was going home with a bad report. He kicked a couple of chairs and pounded the table. He was crying really loud. We walked up and down the halls. He claimed he wasn;t going home. I thought I had hime calm but he freaked out when he saw his bus. I ended up calling the principal because he was trying to run and said he was going to walk home. He is in 2nd grade. We ended up calling his mom to come.
I really NEED some chocolate.
Pat
Old 10-05-2015, 07:15 PM

The winner for September is BeckyW with a loss of 10 pounds. Great job. COngratulations and great job.
Pat
Old 10-05-2015, 07:59 PM

Excellent work, Becky. How wonderful it feels to do what you set out to do. Enjoy your fabrics.

Pat, I always need chocolate. If I had students like that, I'd empty a bag of Dove dark chocolate a day. That lovely bike ride sounds like a good stress reliever.

Pam, don't forget the stockings on the return trip. I had a blood clot last December and its still sore and there are much worse problems than extended soreness, which I'm sure you know.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...l-t270672.html
I posted another quilt. I know these are simple quilts compared with Pat's avatar, but for now, I like them. I came so late to quilting that 2 1/2" pieces are small for enough for me for now. The batik was done with 9" blocks and this one is charms.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
The winner for September is BeckyW with a loss of 10 pounds. Great job. COngratulations and great job.
Pat
A BIG congrats on the weight loss and on winning. Enjoy! Well deserved.

Irish Rose2 I really like that pattern and the fabrics of that little quilt. I do preemie donation quilts and I think this pattern would be great for the little ones.

I forgot to take my compression stockings. I must be carrying a few pounds of water in my legs. Pam H
I am so glad you made it but sorry to hear about your legs. Hopefully it will resolve soon. Taking some red wine before flying and right after is supposed to help. My aunt had the same issues and walked a lot in the plane.

Last edited by Annaquilts; 10-06-2015 at 06:45 AM.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:20 PM

Congratulations to last month's winner. Wow, 10 pounds is a great accomplishment. I'd be ecstatic with half that amount this month. With the way I'm going so far, I'll be lucky to get there. Went for a ride with my husband today and he stopped at Dairy Queen......ugh, I couldn't resist that. Now to start over again.