Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Positive Feedback

I so agree there are just not enough atta boys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimcatlou View Post
    As a retired teacher, My 2 cents worth is ---Please tell teachers when you see them doing a good job, especially for your child! Parent complaints are too frequent; compliments too seldom!
    As the mother of a teacher (my DD), I second this!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Some of the restaurants such as Red Lobster and Olive Garden have added a survey website on your receipt where you can go there to express your thoughts about the service. My sister and I used to make a road trip into the "BIG CITY" once a month and always finish it off at Red Lobster. We would try to get a table with our favorite waiter when we could as he always made us feel at home. We in turn would post a good review online concerning the service we received from him. Before he became our favorite waiter though, our reviews were good. Our next visit we couldn't get seated in his area but he made a point of coming over to us and thanking us for the kind words so yes, they do see what we put out there. It really made a nice finish for our trip to the "BIG CITY" that day........:-)
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer 1
    Babylock Ellegante
    Babylock Evolve
    Elna 945 and Innova 26" LS

Quote Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter View Post
    I have asked to speak to the store manager numerous times about the wonderful service one of their employees gave me. It is always interesting to watch their body language change as they brace themselves for what they think is going to be a negative tirade which turns out to be a positive happy moment.
    I've experienced that, too, and it always makes me feel good to be able to contribute to that experience!

Blog Entries
    I just had a really good experience with Keepsake Quilting. Placed an order from an e-mail then turned around and remembered I needed something from latest catalog. Called to add to my order but too late sooooo - they just shipped the second item and didn't charge me any shipping. I did thank them and also commented on how pleased I was with their Block of the Month I had ordered previously.
    TwandasMom

Good point! Thanks for starting this thread, Neesie.
    We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about.
    ~ Charles Kingsley

Loving life in the sun ! With sunscreen on of course ...
    We all as humans thrive on compliments ! It takes 100 positive to overcome 1 negative in the overall scheme.
    I used to work in Wally years ago in the Fabric Departmentl; and it goes both ways with customers and co-workers.
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I always like to commend people when they've done a good job. Sadly, managers always seem surprised when I want to talk to them about something good!

This is absolutely true. Parents do not seem to know that teachers are dealing every day not only with their wonderful child, but also with one who has already been in jail, is on medication to keep him or her calm, has an abusive parent, has just experienced the loss of a parent, has a parent who is in jail or is about to go there, as well as children who are mentally ill. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I, too, am a retired teacher and the parent and mother-in-law of teachers who are coping not only with students who have problems, but also with "evaluators" who come randomly into their classrooms to "evaluate" what they are doing. Parents, please find time to say "thank you" to the teacher and write a note commending him or her to the school's adminstrator. froggyintexas

Quote Originally Posted by Kimcatlou View Post
    As a retired teacher, My 2 cents worth is ---Please tell teachers when you see them doing a good job, especially for your child! Parent complaints are too frequent; compliments too seldom!

Blog Entries
    My sister who is a pediatric nurse in the Boston area told me she just received roses from a family because she spent time calming and educating a scared child who needed shots. She was thrilled that the family appreciated her efforts and took the time to convey their thanks. Such a lovely thing to do!
    Create with joy in your heart!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast