Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Calling all Proud Grandparents, come out and share... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/calling-all-proud-grandparents-come-out-share-t24566.html)

ladybugquilter 08-27-2009 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Minda
My 3 year old granddaughter calls pretzels 'bats'. We have no idea why.

Maybe because the sort of look like a bat to alittle one, my three year old is all about finding shapes in her food:)

nellebelles 08-27-2009 10:30 PM

Our little kids called raisin bran--"raisin friends" :lol:

Barbm 08-28-2009 06:24 AM

my step daughter couldn't say Binghampton (in NY). She would say bimmington. I tried sooo hard to teach her to say it right, I gave up- she still says it at age 26. But then, I hear other people in this area say it that way too- drives me bonkers. Must be NEPA speak.

Mousie 08-28-2009 01:28 PM

It took us all years, many years, to figure this one out:
I had to stay with a lot of babysitters, when very small, bc my mother worked. One of them, had two small kids of their own, and kids will tell each other scary things.
I must have been told, "don't go in the woods. They are full of m*nsters."
Instead, until about four years ago, I remembered, "The woods are full of lobsters." So as a small child, I was afraid of lobsters, and always warned ppl about them. I have this memory of them being wall to wall, like a carpet of them, on the forest floor! :shock:

Mousie 08-28-2009 01:29 PM

I also didn't like the outside of hot dogs, so I always, 'peeled', them :lol:

pal 08-28-2009 07:03 PM

When my son met his friend's grandpa he said
"Hey, your grandpa looks just like my grandpa, 'cept his head is
different!" 35 years ago and we're still telling that story!

Janis 08-28-2009 08:17 PM

I hope you all are making a note of all of the cute things your children/grandchildren are saying. My daughter calls me and I write down what one of then said or did, and the date on anything handy at the time and then transfer the notes to 3x5 cards with 2 holes in them. I had been keeping them on little 2 ring recipe notebooks until they were discontinued this summer (Walmart carried them). Now I plan to use the larger rings one can buy in places like Ace Hardware for them and make new covers. My grand children are 5, 3 next month, and twins 8 months old. Hope this helps you remember all the cute and not so cute things the kids say and do.

JoanneS 08-28-2009 09:01 PM

Well- my son used put on his 'beat selt.'

And I overheard one of his friends tell him (they were both about 5 at the time, and my son was VERY gullible) 'I was going to be a twin, but I ate the other one.'

It took my son and DDIL over a year to figure out what their older autistic son meant when he said 'Wassa.' Both sons are autistic, but the younger one is very verbal, while the older one is almost non-verbal. DDIL often says 'What's up?' when she picks the boys up from school, and the older boy is using his version of that word instead of 'MaMa' - which he has never said, by the way.

Barbm 08-30-2009 03:48 AM

talked to GS yesterday- he was having "french toes" for breakfast. I have a hard time talking to him- I laugh all the time.

DD calls me when he is "misbehaving"- she says talking to me calms him down. I tell her he just has a lot of energy- most 2 year olds do. Got one of those calls at 10:00 p.m. last night- he can't wait for his dinner to cool- talk to him please. (They are 3 hrs. behind) I get on the phone- no- he wants to talk to the dogs!

Gotta love these kids!

nellebelles 08-30-2009 11:48 AM

I had one of my grandkids come up to me and announce that she could count from 1 to 10. I said, "Okay, let me hear it!" This is what she said, "One, two, ten..." :lol: