Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have short, long or fake finger nails? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-short-long-fake-finger-nails-t49704.html)

craftybear 06-14-2010 10:11 PM

Do you have short, long or fake finger nails?

Also do you use nail polish and if so what colors?

I finally got my nails to grow and they are now nice and long, so pretty.

Also my toe nails are long!

I have been drinking more water and milk. I used to bite my nails but no more.

Craftybear

earthwalker 06-14-2010 10:15 PM

Never fake...had to once for a wedding (I was Matron of Honour)and I hated the feeling of them. If I am good and wear gloves (not terribly often) mine get quite long. I do have a bit of a thing for nail varnish...over the weekend they were glossy black, but often I'll alternate colours or use those little motifs...just for a bit of fun.

Rainy Day 06-14-2010 10:34 PM

Plain, short and clean. when I was learning about hygiene, we had to scrape off under our nails. In a class of mostly boys, the girls with fake and long nails had the most bacteria on their hands. I won't let anyone with fake nails touch me or my kid when we go to a doctor, dentist or hairdresser.

Melinda in Tulsa 06-14-2010 11:20 PM

Long nails, except when they break! I hate fake nails. Used to wear nail polish all the time but rarely anymore. I like to keep my toenails short.

hehe, hair color is natural too. Grey, used to be red.

MegsAnn 06-15-2010 12:27 AM

Short and plain. I work with kids... and am clumsy enough to scratch 'em if my nails get too long.

patricej 06-15-2010 01:28 AM

my nails are real. and so is the acrylic on top that keeps them from breaking.

i keep them long enough to be useful as totally portable quilting tools, but short enough to keyboard.

Quilt4u 06-15-2010 01:38 AM

Mine are just stubs to soft to grow. When they start to grow they split and tear on me, and fake are out of the qustion.

tmg 06-15-2010 02:07 AM

I like mine short and natural. When I was 19 working in a drapery sewing plant I punched a hole threw my right index finger it went in at the base of the nail and can out at the tip of the finger. The nail doesn't grow the right way.

fabric-holic 06-15-2010 02:46 AM

Mine are short (just past the tips of my fingers) but I do wear clear polish. My toenails are short short short! As soon as there's a teeny bit to clip, I do it.

sunflower126 06-15-2010 03:24 AM

I wore acrylic nails for about 10 years. Then I retired and it seemed like a real waste of money and time to spend for no one to see and sewing is very hard on them. So is yard work.They grew back really strong, not too long because I can't type and no polish. Don't have the patience to sit and let it dry as long as it should.