Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Do you have short, long or fake finger nails? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/do-you-have-short-long-fake-finger-nails-t49704.html)

Chasing Hawk 06-15-2010 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by quiltedrunner
Fake here...

My nails, as I get older, seem to ridge up down the middle and even crack sometimes. The acrylic stops that from happening and my nails actually look nice. :) I don't do much else and even only have my hair cut every 5-6 months (it's longer), so I feel it's justified. :D

I don't cut my hair either, it's close to 3 feet long give or take a inch or two.

abonda 06-15-2010 05:51 AM

I have fake too!!! never could grow a nail if I wanted to. Too weak and thin. I do not bite them! I have pink and white nails every three weeks. They look very real and I love them. They make me feel feminine and pretty. They are like a french manicure and go with everything. I use my hands for everything sewing, gardening, crafts, cooking, you name it and they still look as beautiful as when I first get them done. To me it is worth the money because I deal with the public all the time and I like to look nice.

dotcomdtcm 06-15-2010 05:56 AM

I get a mani pedi every 2 weeks. Makes me feel girly even in my old jeans. I don't care to dye the gray hair but I love
pretty nails, silk wraps, great colors.

Boston1954 06-15-2010 05:59 AM

Short, short, short. Easier for typing and for putting on the thimble. I used to polish them, but then one would break and I would say the heck with it and cut them all off.

mamaw 06-15-2010 06:18 AM

Plain and short. My health issues effect my nails, they are soft and split easily.

shaverg 06-15-2010 06:28 AM

My fingernails are short and natural.

But can't say the same for my toes. LOL. I like lots of color and love my pedicures.

amandasgramma 06-15-2010 06:30 AM

Mine are short....break and peel constantly- right down to the quick. Last week I was suffering with dry fingers....around the nails was like the Sahara Desert!!!! I remembered a hint I'd heard about. I dipped my fingers in olive oil, put on rubber gloves and washed the dishes (big pans - thing that don't fit in the dishwasher). My fingers looked great for a whole day. So I kept doing that every night....just this morning I noticed my nails are getting longer and looking better than ever!!!!

Favorite Fabrics 06-15-2010 06:49 AM

Mine are short and plain. I don't care to spend the time for "fancy" and anyways working in the garden it would be a waste.

julia58 06-15-2010 06:54 AM

Mine are natural, semi long, sometimes I polish with the nail lacquer. I have never had them done by anyone else. More $ to spend on other things.

mytwopals 06-15-2010 07:06 AM

Like most real men, I keep my nails short. :lol: