Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   January 2014 Weight loss Adventure with a PRIZE!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/january-2014-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t237721.html)

nancia 01-11-2014 02:44 PM

Olivia is amazing! Thank you so much for remembering and asking! She is getting a promotion in May to big sister. Her new baby is Charlotte and will be arriving the 5th or 6 th by c- sec. Lulu is excited and will happily share her room with her baby. I will try to load a pic, but I'm not proficient with the ipad. She is my total joy!

nancia 01-11-2014 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm going to try this, hold on , this is my daughter, months ago, showing olivia fun faces! Lulu caught on and had soooo much fun!:)

nancia 01-11-2014 02:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]456058[/ATTACH]Here's one further in the photo stream! Total joy!

Pam H 01-11-2014 07:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Congrats on you going to be a gramma again! Lulu is adorable.
Here's one of my little Allie Cat. Look at the Cheerio stuck to her chin!

nancia 01-11-2014 08:38 PM

Pam, sooooo adorable! Aren't g'kids the best!! Spent the month of august with olivia and family, then went back for a couple of weeks in November . My dd has an almost stepdaughter, time will tell how " almost", and guess what her name is?! Olivia !so little o is called lulu and older o is called lala. Now Charlotte could be charley, and I'll call her char-Lele. Then lulu, lala and Lele. Pretty fun! Lololol ! Does Allie live close by?

Pam H 01-11-2014 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 6507816)
Pam, sooooo adorable! Aren't g'kids the best!! Spent the month of august with olivia and family, then went back for a couple of weeks in November . My dd has an almost stepdaughter, time will tell how " almost", and guess what her name is?! Olivia !so little o is called lulu and older o is called lala. Now Charlotte could be charley, and I'll call her char-Lele. Then lulu, lala and Lele. Pretty fun! Lololol ! Does Allie live close by?

Allie lives 5 miles from me. I watch her while my daughter works half time as a pharmacist. I can't believe the joy she has brought to my life.

createfourpaws 01-12-2014 06:40 AM

Today's tip:

How much dairy do you and your family members need? Older children, teens and adults need 3 cups a day. Learn more about dairy: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/<wbr>food-groups/dairy.html

createfourpaws 01-12-2014 07:23 AM

Recap of FQ's received to date:
Maggiemay -1 month (got January's with December)
Vanogay - 3 months
Toverly - 3 months
Edie - 1 month
CindyA - 3 months
createfourpaws - 3 months

I have heard from many who are sending this week. If you haven't let me know it it is the mail or delayed due to weather, please let me know.

I will let you know when they arrive.

MartiMorga 01-12-2014 08:37 AM

You will have to forgive me - I have the fat quarter, have had the fat quarter for some time, but due to the hectic stuff going on around here, completely forgot about it! Guess the same is true for my diet - believe it or not! New Years morning my husband discovers our 15 yr old dishwasher has been leaking. Needless to say, my wanta be handyman, had it out and in the garage within minutes. He has been wanting new counter tops - so some have been unlatched and are in floating mode since. We picked up new dishwasher yesterday. Picked out new counter top finish yesterday. Now need professional to come and measure. He always is weeks before in his preparation,...... Oh an me? Trying to get a baby quilt done to mail before 1/26. Guess I will try to be more involved in February. Sorry

Pam H 01-12-2014 11:45 AM

Never knew that pudding was considered a dairy product. Good to know!
I have not mailed my fq's yet. They had been sitting on the ironing board. I will go try to unbury them and get them in the mail.
I had a pretty crappy evening yesterday. The first thing that happened was I was a day early when I thought I could use a $10 off coupon. Not major; just annoying. The second thing was I made 8 burp cloths wrong. If I had just turned the first one inside out before making the others I could have save myself a lot of grief and frustration. Third thing was I broke a tooth eating peanut brittle. The rest of it went in the garbage. Three lessons learned (the hard way) in three hours. Today is a new day. Onward and upward.