Scared and DH is at work.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:53 AM

I want to thank all of you for being there for me the other night. Evan came over and stayed with us and that helped my nerves alot. DH looked around that morning and said it looked like someone had been on the deck because of how the leaves were messed up like someone had walked through them.

We have motion lights on all outside doors but DH usually turns this one off. No more. We vetoed him and told him it would be on at all times.

I am hoping it was just a random thing and we won't be bothered again. But if it does, I will not hesitate to call 911.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by moonangel12
Thank goodness she didn't open the door! We usually only have family stop by so my son runs to the door to open it... we are working VERY hard on that one!

I really think calling the police is a good idea. I would be completely freaked out, too!
Put another lock up higher so he cannot reach it.....a chain lock, a push lock.......
also........tell him that everytime someone is at the door and he DOESN'T open the door but simply tells you, he gets a star (or something) and every five times he gets........(whatever you deem he should get.....another ten minutes of t v , etc.)

Life is too scary to have him opening the door. Good luck. Get that higher lock on!!
Old 11-21-2010, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by SherriB
I am so nervous and scared. I was in the living room and DGD just came to me and said someone knocked on the back door, mamaw. Come let them in. :shock: :shock: :!: :!: No one ever knocks on that door. DH is at work and it is just me and th kids. I feel so sick at my stomach. I don't think I will sleep tonight. All doors/windows are locked, checked and double check and alarm is on. Outside lights are on and hopefully will stay on. Ugh!! I am so cold even though the house is warm. I will be so glad for this night to end. I hate being scared!! :!:
Okay so now that everything is all right, I hope, listen to this funny story.
I was teaching at school several years ago and my alarm in my house went off. A neighbor called me and asked me to come home and shut it off. Well, I was scared to do that! My boss told me to call the police and ask them to meet me at the house. I did and was told to park my car a block away and walk to the cop who would be waiting at my house.(They gave me his name so I would be sure it really was the officer). Well, I did and there was a police officer at the house with his gun drawn, but up in the air. He told me he had done an "around the outside " check and it looked okay but he wanted to go in to be sure. I gave him my keys and he went in.......slinking a bit low..........After what seemed like an eternity, he came out, gun away and told me he couldn't tell if I had been robbed or not! He said everything was neat except for one room which looked ransacked! I had to laugh! It was my teenage son's room!!! LOL!!!!! Now whenever my son says he can't get his wife to put anything away, I have to laugh again!!YES!!!! Payback!!
Never hesitate to call the police. My daughter is an officer and she is always glad to help ensure people's safety. (And keep all of those outside lights on, always. It keeps strangers away. They would rather work in darkness.)
Old 11-21-2010, 02:23 PM

Sherri, I am glad you updated us. It is good to know you all are all right. Good call to leave the back light on! Call the police if you need, and keep safe.