Scared and DH is at work.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:07 AM

C'mon sherri, let us know that you are okay today!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:14 AM

I can totally empathize with you. I've called the police before after hearing noises, never felt guilty either. It's especially scarier with small children around because you just don't know.

I do hope all is well and that your mind is now at ease.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:45 AM

Sherri, I just read this today (Friday) Is everything ok? I had something similar happen when my daughter was about 10. The person tried to get in through a window. I had my gun, called the police and they were there within 3 minutes. Turned out the guy was drunk, was just trying to find a house to sleep at. I know how scared I was, I hope you are doing better and all is ok.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:12 PM

i live a lone but my neighbors keep watch if i deside to take my old car out and park my truck off the drive way one of them will call me to find out if every thing is all right the night my DH died two of my neighbors took me to the hospital they were at my door right after th ems were. i was so thankful for them i don't think i could have drove my self we all watch for each other but this is a very quite neighborhod
Old 11-19-2010, 02:09 PM

I don't think I fell asleep until the wee hours of the morning. But in the daylight today, I did feel some what more secure. Just kept listening for noises.

When DH came home this morning, he went around to the back yard. He said it did look like someone may have been on the back deck due to the way the leaves looked. We rarely, if ever use his door. The deck and door are in corner on the back of the addition we put on our house. It is kind of hidden from view as our house sits back about 8 feet farther than our neighbors. Most all our neighbors and friends, etc. know both Dh and I work nights. Even DD and SIL work nights. The only one who doesn't is DD's father in law.

DH is working again tonight but only a partial shift. I will be nervous until he gets home. I am keeping all the lights on around the house and making sure the outside lights are set to stay on.

I do have wasp spray and a panic button for our vehicle. I will most definitely use it if I hear any more noises.

I am sorry for not updating sooner. Lexi (my dgd) has been sick all day and wanted to be held.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:38 PM

I know how you feel, if my Dh is gone overnight, I don't sleep and hear every noise in the nweiborhood. At least you have an alarm. Since we moved in this house we have not hooked the alarm up. I always felt safer with the alarm. We used to have a German Shepherd and one time I brought him in the house but in the middle of the night he wanted to go out, didn't try that again.

You really should call the police, if someone is still in the neighborhood, it will scare him off.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:22 PM

I took a babysitting class way back when, given by the police department. They told us the best police calls are when they visit a home that called because they heard something or something didn't feel or seem right ... and it turned out to be nothing. And they said their worst nights is always when someone didn'tcall because they didn't want to bother the police. That was 43 years ago, and I've always followed these police officers' instructions to CALL NO MATTER WHAT TIME AND NO MATTER HOW SILLY YOU FEEL FOR CALLING.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:37 PM

I'm glad everything turned out alright, SherriB. Hopefully, it was just a one-time incident.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:34 PM

If you fear children will open the door you can get a hinge lock at Walmart for just over $1. Put it high on the door and when you are there alone or just with kids close the hinge. I keep my peace of mind this way as my neighbors have been broken in on several times and no one comes into my house uninvited not even my husband! LOL if the latches are closed he has to knock and wait for me to open the latch! He understands totally.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:34 PM

agree with everyone else Call The Police !!!!!!! thats what they are there for