Scared and DH is at work.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:31 PM

I felt weird calling but dispatch said they would send a deputy out. It makes me feel better. I am not sure if they will do more than drive by, but just knowing they know helps tremendously. And Even just got here, so having a male in the house helps.

We all work nights and I am so thankful I was home tonight with the kids.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:39 PM

Sherry, I am so sorry for you. It is a terrible thing to be scared. The only advice that I can give you that hasn't already been said is to pray. I already said a prayer for you and the children to be safe. Do post in the morning so that we all know you are okay.
If I were close, I would get in my truck and come sit with you (that would be me and my 38). I'm sure everyone on this list wished they could come and rescue you.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:47 PM

Don't feel guilty for calling them. That's their job! I work for a police department and we get calls like that all the time. Think of it as job security instead of worrying about bothering them. They are happy to help! Take care!
Old 11-18-2010, 08:58 PM

Have a friend with one or two big dogs come over and do a check around your house. When most of our fur kids were still with us, I had an elderly neighbor who called me often to bring Kurt and check out her yard. Neighborhood boys loved to torment her, so often with her permission, no, urging, I would leave Kurt there in her walled yard over night sometimes. I discovered that she would crack open the door and give him fresh meat from her fridge so he would like her. He used to LOVE going to her place!!! If he ever bit anyone, I never heard of it. By the way, Kurt was a large, mean looking Doberman who was quick to guard anyone he was told was a friend. He LOVED the old steak lady!!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:00 PM

Put a latch up high on the doors so DGD can not reach it easily. And go heavy on the "Never open the door alone" lessons.
Have someone come over and check out your house for security reasons, might have an easy access somewhere you haven't thought of.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:05 PM

I read the other day to carry your car keys to your bedroom when you go to bed. If someone tries to get in, hit the panic button and it will scare them off. Personally I have a great alarm system.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:58 AM

ok I just found this out not to long ago,a can of wasp spray is just as good if not a little better than mace as it will temporarily blind the one that gets sprayed, with all the breaking around here lately we have one that is handy for us and you bet I will use it .Another thing that might be a good idea to get is a tape recording of a BIG dog barking that was another suggestion to help protect your home.I would also post the non emergency police number right somewhere anyone can find if you feel calling 911 isn't a option. Personally you should call them this day and age anything like that is more an emergency than it has ever been before
Old 11-19-2010, 04:47 AM

Hope all is well this morning!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:03 AM

Thinking of you Sherri, post when you can.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by SherriB
I am so nervous and scared. I was in the living room and DGD just came to me and said someone knocked on the back door, mamaw. Come let them in. :shock: :shock: :!: :!: No one ever knocks on that door. DH is at work and it is just me and th kids. I feel so sick at my stomach. I don't think I will sleep tonight. All doors/windows are locked, checked and double check and alarm is on. Outside lights are on and hopefully will stay on. Ugh!! I am so cold even though the house is warm. I will be so glad for this night to end. I hate being scared!! :!:
I've been there also....not a feeling I want to go thru again....please call police.....thats what they are there for....hugs & prayers for you