Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: So I think I want a kindle. What is your experience thoughts?

I got a nook, love it I got the G3 fast download.

Yes it does, I have the 3 and love it.

working on a scrappy UFO behind my Viking
    Blog Entries
    I love mine. I got it for my BD, about 9 days ago. I love it, just love it. It talks to U too. My son got it from Amazon for probably $139. Most of the books I download R free. It is so NEAT, NEAT.
    Bonnie from FL :thumbup:

I love my Kindle. I am an avid reader so I do still go to the library. I don't buy a lot of books, some though. When I first saw them on the market I wondered why anyone would spend their money on that, but now I know why. I wouldn't give it up for anything.

Got mine for Christmas and LOVE it! I signed up for a newsletter, Ereader news,which I found on Facebook which alerts me daily about free or very inexpensive books to download.
    http://ereadernewstoday.com/
    I also read recently in the paper about someone who is planning a website which will allow Kindle users to borrow books from one another. Not surprisingly, Amazon is not a fan.

Blog Entries
    I have a color nook love it, there are a lot a deals on ebooks out there, shop around. Get a buddy to share with my daughter-in-law has 1 too and we share books, keeps the cost down. I'm typing on it now while making dinner.

Does either the nook or kindle come with books already downloaded? On the fence about getting one. I am an avid reader. It might make my life alot less cluttered! I have myself a library. My DH would jump on this if I was willing to part with all my books!

Love my NOOK, my library has sooooooooooooooo.......many great e books to check out and Barnes and noble always have good bargains in e book selections.

I have had my kindle for about a year. I absolutely love it. I have about 140 books on mine, and have paid for relatively few. There are a lot of sites out there that will show you the free kindle books. Inkmesh is the one I use.
    My husband bought it because of all of my books....now there is no mess, and I can have a library in my purse!

I was going to get a "kindle" but I found a "Pandigital" on sale after Christmas for $60.00...originally $200.00. I got the last one. I noticed it was on sale at Office Max and Kohl's for $140.00, so I got a remarkable deal. I got the last one and was in the right place at right time.

I love it. Convienent. I use mine alot for web and to check emails when I am having tea with buddies. We also do crosswords so I have the dictionary. You can dl other programs, too. Facebook is included. I even have "Quiltboard" dl so I can check threads.

I couldn't pass mine up at a deal like this and have found it to be convienent for other uses, too. like the internet.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast