Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: So I think I want a kindle. What is your experience thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Jo
    I have a color Nook and love it. I had the nook but got a color for valentines day..
    can you get on the web with that? I got a kindle for Christmas it kept freezing up. sent it back got another and it still does it. I thinking of sending it back, but I love the fact I can get on myFB and search the web.

Here is a link to free ebooks on Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-eBooks/...ode=1286228011

I absolutely love mine.

Michelle,

I got a Kindle two years ago for Christmas and I absolutely love it. Currently I have 90 books loaded into it and they were ALL free! I know lots of people are touting the Nook, but did you know that Barnes & Noble are in danger of bankruptcy? I am wondering what will happen to the Nook owners if they have no resource to fall back on if that happens. From what I've read, the Kindle is easier on your eyes than the other readers because it uses a different technology that is not back lit, therefore does not cause eyestrain. Also, with the Kindle you have free Whispernet, which connects you to their site without incurring any charges. All in all, a better choice in my humble opinion.

Blog Entries
    Does this Nook or Kindle ever fill up and then you have to delete books?? I've never held one, but have friends with Nook and Nook color who truly love them. I want one too, the one that has the anti-glare screen. (Don't know which that is.)

I've been contemplating getting a Kindle and after reading all the positive comments on this board, I'm convinced! In today's mail I received a flyer for sales beginning tomorrow and the Kindle is on sale at Target for $139. I'm headed out there tomorrow!

The Kindle has antiglare screen. You do not have to worry about it filling up. Once you have read a book you just delete it from the Kindle. It will remain in your account at Amazon so if you decide to read it again you just download it again. When you purchase a book from Amazon it is downloaded almost immediately. You can either purchase from your computer or direct from your Kindle.

i have an omnia II phone. it does a good job on most ebooks. i couldn't be with out it. there are so many sites that offer free ebooks and low cost ones. i have probably 1000 books now, most free. there is a free program you can download called calibre that will allow you to change a ebook from one format to another. it handles most book formats. very helpful.

i just like mine cause its my phone also and internet. so just one thing to keep up with instead of several. my son has the droid and likes it for his books also. i just got the omnia because it uses windows operating system.

I bought one for mom for Christmas and she loves it. She takes a lot of trips and was always packing several books that took up a bunch of her airline weight limit. Now she carries the Kindle in her purse and has all the books she could want. I have an IPad which I love and I found the Kindle app for it. Now when I buy books I can down load on my IPad and her Kindle, only pay once. It's great, she gets all the books she can read and it not cost her anything. It's great we both like the same books, authors. I get a lot for free and many for .99.

Blog Entries
    I bought Kindles for Christmas presents for the adults in the family. They love them, even the ones that told me they probably wouldn't use it. They do and tell me how much they love it. If you don't have wi fi in your house you will need the $189 one. It will be worth it.

I was planning to order one for my hubby for Christmas, and the more I thought about it, I decided that I would help him out with his shopping and order myself one also. We both love them, but there are some negatives, like if I download a book that he would like to read also we have to switch Kindles. They say you can "loan" books, but so far I haven't found that to be accurate. But, for convenience it's the best. If you get one, just think you will be able to store more fabric because you won't be storing books!!! Win...win!!

Blog Entries
    The sharing of books is for two weeks on another Kindle then it goes back to your account. I don't think it's available right now but it should be soon.

Blog Entries
    I have the nook luv it I am going to give it to my son so I can the nook color I luv my nook

Blog Entries
    I got one & down loaded some books and news paper, I sent mine back, I wanted color, especially for quilting and sewing, it was ok for reading books without illustrations. my husband didn't like to read the newspaper.

TJB

I received one for my birthday last year and I already have over 50 books on it and I just love it. It is really great when you have a Dr. appt. and have to wait. I take mine with me all the time because you never know when you will spend time waiting. :thumbup:
    tjb

I love books, have as many as a small library. I also have a Kindle and love it! The two can live together in the same house.

Very interesting conversation. Thank you everyone for sharing your comments. I am contemplating getting either a Nook or a Kindle soon and it is good to get so much feedback. They both sound great. It will be hard to decide.

I'm very happy with my Nook and it is one that I can download books from my local library. You cannot do this with a Kindle so you may want to check on that. My first ereader was like a tablet so the battery didn't last long and wasn't compatible with the library.

Enlarging the font is the main reason I bought my Kindle a few years ago. I love it , but am in quilting mode so not reading too much these days!

Blog Entries
    I imagine that the Kindle will come out with color soon and more upgrades but then it will be an IPad. LOL. The Nook is nice but has a glare and the type isn't as clear to me. If you can, compare the two side by side before deciding.

From borders I purchased their e-reader and had trouble.changed it for a cruz e-reader had problems with it
    also, returned an got a refund. Went to barnes an noble,got a nook and I'm happy. The others were so difficult download and hard to operate. I love the nook. I also found a great auther, Kristen Hannan, on the third book. Today I tried a magazine, don't like that so much. They have audio books for children, grandkids loved that too! Hope this helped, an have a happy birthday.

From borders I purchased their e-reader and had trouble.changed it for a cruz e-reader had problems with it
    also, returned an got a refund. Went to barnes an noble,got a nook and I'm happy. The others were so difficult download and hard to operate. I love the nook. I also found a great auther, Kristen Hannan, on the third book. Today I tried a magazine, don't like that so much. They have audio books for children, grandkids loved that too! Hope this helped, an have a happy birthday.

Blog Entries
    I got my kindle for christmas and I love it.

I got a Sony for Christmas, it takes getting used to but like it. There are libraries when you "check out" books for free. We use the Arlington, Tx library and can reserve books and check out for 1, 2 or 3 weeks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalmama
    Really? You all love it? Am I old or what.... I'm having a hard time with the idea of bonding with a computer screen - I just love the smell and feel of a bound book.... :roll: Maybe I am old.
    Ditto We collect books and it doesn't appeal to either of us.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast