Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Son getting Married!

Banned
    dreaming of a simple life. Living off the grid!
    My DD was a bridal consultant the mistake moms make is to wear pastels. Mom's shouldn't wear any shade of white, be it ivory, candlelight, beige, tan, you get the picture. You thought pale blue which is pretty but maybe you should consider teal either a med or dark shade.

Blog Entries
    My son and daughter in law got married last 10/10/10. All sets of parents were instructed to wear black and white. It was very beautiful!!

My daughter is getting married in June and her bridesmaids dresses are light aqua. I am looking for something in navy. I feel a little pressure because the groom's mom is graciously waiting for me to get my outfit before she selects her dress. I'm trying to enjoy the planning of my youngest daughter's wedding, but it is stressful. Teal , navy, brown, lilac, pinks. green seem good. Like the other lady said, black is worn to weddings now, too.

When my daughter got married she went with me for a dress along with her future MIL. My daughters bridemaids dresses were black (very elegant). MIL and myself wore Dark, Navy Blue. It sort of portrayed a united front!

Whatever you decide just enjoy the day. Congratulations!

Banned
    Congrats....and if in doubt have the DIL help you pick something out for the wedding :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    I lean towards the same as the bridesmaids will be so have to lean the other way I have no idea what looks best on me!! Maybe I can hide under a table!!
    My son's MIL called me and we conferred on the color of our dresses. My DIL's on request was that we not clash with the weird sort of blue chosen of the bridesmaids. That turquoise color of your bridesmaids any ivory or blue color should be good. Remember to have fun with this!

Congrats!

Congrats!!
    Never ivory or any other shade of white. My husband's cousin wore ivory to our wedding. When they took a family picture(without me!) she looked like the bride. Ask your future daughter-in-law what she would like you to wear. If she has no suggestions ask if she has a sample of bridesmaids dresses. Take the sample and get something that goes with but does not match (don't want to look like a bridsmaid).

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I agree with the person who said get the color you look best in.
    Congratulations! :D:D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast