Son getting Married!

Old 02-07-2011, 09:25 AM

I think that the moms should wear something that compliments the wedding colors. As one of the moms, you will be in lots of pictures. When my 2nd daughter got married (I'll be going through this with my 3rd daughter next year), the wedding color was a burgundy wine color. My dress was champagne colored, but the mother of the groom wore peach, and she had a daughter in the bridal party, it really wasn't pretty :( My youngest has pink as her main color, I think I'll be wearing silver, haven't gone shopping yet.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:33 AM

In my wedding my bridesmaids wore a champagne color and the men wore black tuxes. So my mom decided to wear a black cocktail length dress(nothing too funeral like). We decided black for her so that she would match everyone else but not look like a bridesmaid. Keep in mind that a lot of pictures will be taken. Since my immediate family was all in the wedding, except for my mom she looked great in the pictures because she went along with everyone else.
My mother in law on the other hand chose to wear red. I had red roses as my flower. But that was the only red I used. She turned her nose up at the idea of wearing black. So in all my wedding pictures she sticks out like a sore thumb with everyone else in champagne and black. I would suggest sticking with something that will go with the rest of the wedding party vs just what you like. You want to look good for the pictures!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:02 AM

When my daughter got married, the bridesmaids dresses were champagne color and the tuxedos were black. I picked a black and white dress that had an A-line bottom (hides everything) and my daughter loved it. Pictures look great. For my son's wedding, I wore a bronze color dress and they also loved it. I love when the dresses coordinate with the wedding party. That way no one sticks out like a sore thumb in the pictures. Good luck in whatever you choose. (by the way, both my dresses were bought of the rack at local department stores in their formal area. It's alot cheaper than the bridal salon)
Old 02-07-2011, 10:10 AM

I will be going there in a couple weeks so I am hoping we can get to the store. We did look one other time and her mom and I tried on a few but nothing we liked.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:17 AM

my mil waited for my mom to choose first. She ended up going with a purple beaded dress...it was actually her favorite color--fushia. But it had a black overlay and beadwork so it really looked more purple and it complimented the peacock feather theme and was good and dark for a winter wedding. I kind of just told her she had to wear it--it looked really good and she was spending all her time and energy on my dress, and the bridesmaids and flower girl dresses. My mil ended up wearing a casual outfit of pants and a semi-casual top. She was more comfortable in the winter weather that way and i was happy she was happy :)
Old 02-07-2011, 10:50 AM

Congratulations - I've had 2 sons get married and I wore what I looked best in. Choose a different color than the bridesmaids so you don't blend in!!
Old 02-07-2011, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
I lean towards the same as the bridesmaids will be so have to lean the other way I have no idea what looks best on me!! Maybe I can hide under a table!!
My DD got married in Sept. and I found a "dressy" pants, shell and jacket at JCPenney's that looked nice, but felt like wearing pajamas. It worked fine. Her bridesmaids wore fuscia and there was purple in my jacket. Wear what is comfortable for you and enjoy the day.

Me and my beautiful daughters
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160199[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-160194.jpe