Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Washing Machines: w/agitator or w/o??

Washing Machines: w/agitator or w/o??

Replacing mine. I want a top loader. My choices are the old standard agitator or try the new ones w/o the agitator. Supposedly conserves water. But how does it clean??

sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

My sister loves hers.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenR View Post
    My sister loves hers.

which one???

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Blog Entries
    We just got an LG, not a top of the line model, either. It uses 1/2 the amount of detergent and the clothes are cleaner. It cleans by moving the entire tub to agitate the clothes. There is a rinse and spin cycle that I use for fabric. It sings a little song when it is done.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

My daughter has a Maytag without an agitator and she loves it. She says the clothers are spun dryer so less time in the dryer, less detergent and uses less water.
    Families are like quilts, lives pieced together, stitched with smiles and tears, colored with memory and bound by love.

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, top loader without agitator? that would be great. I still like top loaders because I usually like to soak my quilts. front loaders don't have that option i believe.

I have a Bosch washer and dryer. They do conserve water and soap. My biggest complaint is with the king size sheets. It rolls them into a tight cylinder, especially in the dryer. Occasionally I have to stop the machine and shake out the sheet so it will dry thoroughly. I've vowed I won't get another Bosch. My daughter had Whirlpool w/d and loved them.

Blog Entries
    I have the LG with the diamond tub- such a good machine. And it has a soak cycle too, along with loads of other options. My only comment would be that is you are vertically challenged, it might be difficult to reach into the bottom to retrieve items. I am 5'6" and can reach fine, but any shorter and it might be a problem.
    'He cannot be a gentleman which loveth not a dog' -John Northbrooke
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    Hmmm, top loader without agitator? that would be great. I still like top loaders because I usually like to soak my quilts. front loaders don't have that option i believe.
    guess I'm not up with the times give me my good ole top loader for same reason I like the soak feature and almost always I will find something laying around that I can throw in the washer nice that I can pick up the lid and throw it in, I think the newer ones don't have that feature once it starts you can't open it don't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by quilter1 View Post
    I have the LG with the diamond tub- such a good machine. And it has a soak cycle too, along with loads of other options. My only comment would be that is you are vertically challenged, it might be difficult to reach into the bottom to retrieve items. I am 5'6" and can reach fine, but any shorter and it might be a problem.
    I have this one too and love it. My daughter is 5'4" and has to just about lower half her body in to get to the bottom. On the other hand, that's a lot of laundry in one load.
    ~Sharon

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast