Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14

Thread: What's cooking tonight?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janetlmt
    Chicken and dumplings, coleslaw and apple pie...is that all American or what..
    Oh yum, I havent had homemade dumplings since I left home, to get married, my hubby dont like dumplings or noodles...he's weird...he likes Chicken and pasta...

Blog Entries
    Love those cute little chicks on sticks!!! :D

We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner tonight. I had bean and cheese burritos accompanied by Mexican rice and some coleslaw. My sweetie had their Mexican sandwich with beef. The helping is always so large that even my 6' 2" guy can't finish all of it!!! :-) He boxes it up and brings it home. I never finish all of my dinner there either. I simply bring it home and have it for lunch the next day. :thumbup:

Oh, and by the way, the spaghetti that he made for yesterday's dinner was absolutely DEE-LISH!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Sure has gotten pretty quiet on here!! Has everyone stopped cooking??!! :shock: I KNOW you haven't stopped eating!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Okay, then I'll be the first to add to the thread for May.

On tonight's menu is homemade ham-vegetable soup. It isn't cold here, but I wanted to use the ham bone I froze from Easter. The broth sure is smelling good!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: If anyone is interested in joining us, stop on by!! There's plenty to go around!!!!! :wink: :D

I made "Chirashizushi"- sushi rice mixed with cooked shiitake
    mushrooms and kampyo. You put thin layers of egg, sliced snow peas, and picked ginger on top. We had it with pork shumai.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaijin
    I made "Chirashizushi"- sushi rice mixed with cooked shiitake
    mushrooms and kampyo. You put thin layers of egg, sliced snow peas, and picked ginger on top. We had it with pork shumai.
    This sounds really interesting!! :thumbup: What exactly is kampyo? I've never heard of it. Oh, and I would love it if you could explain "pork shumai," too. ;) Tell you what, you send me some of your Chirashizushi, and I will send you some of my soup!! How does that sound??!! :D Enjoy your yummy meal!!!

Must GO'S

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewingsuz
    Must GO'S
    ????????? :? :? :? :? This oughta be good!! What in the world are "Must GO'S"? All I can think of is, We "must go" out for dinner! Am I close? :lol:

Kampyo is long dried strips from a certain variety of gourd.
    You boil them with the shiitake in a broth made with soy sauce and sweet cooking sake. Shumai is made with ground pork, onion, ground ginger, and other seasonings. You use a special wrapper (like with egg rolls), mound the meat inside, then steam them.

I made the kids swordfish marinated in lemon and oil with oregano, rice and peas.

Hubby told me he was going to get something for the adults. I hope it includes some wine. LOL

We had philly cheese steaks! best part...I didn't have to cook.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14