Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are you from?

Just move back to Chattanooga, TN from Brunswick, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkMonkey
    I am from Indiana, and it is deep in my bones. My ancestors were among the first settlers in Blackford and Jay counties, over 170 years ago. I grew up in the house where my dad grew up. Nearly every old cemetery in northwestern Blackford County (there are many) has at least one headstone with a family name on it.

I have been to many places over the years, and have found many places I could happily live, but none will ever be HOME the way rural Indiana is.
    I love when folks can say they grew up in the same house as their parents. I think I was lucky to stay in the same country.

Blog Entries
    hello from Wyoming I have spent most of my life between here and Montana and love it couldn't imagine being anywhere else it is remote and quiet

Just move back to Chattanooga, TN from Brunswick, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by lillybeck
    I was born in New Castle Indiana and moved to Fl with my parents in 1960. We lived in OK for just a few moths and then back to Kissimmee, FL. to finish raising our family. After they were grown we moved to N. Central, Fl for 10 yrs then moved to NC for 4 yrs. We have been back in Ft. White, Fl for 5 yrs now
    I have visited New Castle. My dad retired in Prarie Creek, IN. I would drive up hwy 41 a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Mama
    I was born in Bellingham, WA, lived in Spokane but mostly grew up in Seattle, as an adult, moved to Oak Ridge, TN, New Orleans, LA, back to Seattle, on to Patuxent River NAS in Southern MD, then to Philadelphia and now to Navarre, FL just east of Pensacola. I, my ex and my present DH all worked or works for Boeing - it's like being in the service.
    Forgot - moving to Ocala, FL in a couple of years where we will be in a 55+ communiuty. Building the house there now so will be a vacation home. The community, SummerGlen, even has it's own quilting group. I'm excited.

Railroad brat here. Born in St. Louis, MO, then to Nashville, TN, Cincinnati,OH, Milwaukee, WI, Tulsa, OK, Birmingham, MI, & Louisville, KY. Went to college in Lexington, KY, back to Louisville, then to the Dallas, TX area for almost 18 yrs. Now I am in CT with my husband. I don't know where "home" is.

I'm from Petrolia ,Pa. We live near the bustling metropolis of Butler,Pa. Welcome

Too many places ... born in Elmhurst, Illinois; married life has taken me to Palatine, IL, Warwick, NY, Rochester Hills, MI, Walnut Creek, CA, Framingham, MA, San Diego, CA, Columbia, MD, Collegeville, PA and finally Las Cruces, NM. The real place I call home, though, is wherever my family is located.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcottontop
    I was born and raised in Tacoma, WA. Married a man that was stationed at Fort Lewis that was from AL. During the twenty + years in the military, we have lived in a LOT of states TX, OK, KS, GA, AL and Germany, Japan, and Okinawa. In 1980 we moved to Gonzales, Louisiana because that is where his civilian job brought us when he retired. I have four kids (I was very fortunate that my husband was home for each birth) and in all that moving the kids never changed schools in the middle of the year, they all graduated from the same HS here in Gonzales and they all went to LSU.
    I lived in Tacoma for a while. We could walk to Pt Defiance Park. I liked it.

Born and raised in Boston, 20 years in New Hampshire and moved to central Florida 18 years ago.

I was born in Albany, Oregon. Have lived in a total of 6 cities in Oregon. I also spent 14 months in Alexandria, Egypt.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast