Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: women friends

OK I really never though about this till my sister make a smart remark to one of her freinds. I'm 50 I've never had a girlfriend as in someone I ran around with shopped with are talked ,visited with. But I dont like to chit chat cannt stand to talk on the phone for no reason. Dont get me wrong I do have friends but they are all men. I'm I really that wierd

I'm the same way- I have friends, but when I need to shop, off I go. You're not weird (unless i am too)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbm
    I'm the same way- I have friends, but when I need to shop, off I go. You're not weird (unless i am too)
    same here

I'm the same here. I tend to get along better with men. I just figured it's from growing up as a 'tomboy'

Blog Entries
    Me too. I've always been more or less of a loner, growing up with Grandma in the hills. Cousins now and then to play with, but most time spent with books or Grandma on the farm, helping her.

DH was my friend, HE was the one who loved shopping, I don't.

I don't think you're weird. The only shopping I do is, grocery, auto parts and fabric, not necessarily in that order. I don't have a lot of close friends, always been more or less a loner. If your lifestyle suits you, then don't worry about what anyone else thinks or says about it.

If you are weird then you have lots of company!!!! I am very much a people loner too (counting all our critters would be super social). I pretty much dislike shopping and the only that I do is grocery, fabric of course, feed store and vets for vaccine and occasional cattle auction on fridays and of course Red Bluff Bull and Gelding Sale once a year. I am happiest reading, sewing, riding or working cattle. My young cousin over the hill worries that I am not social enough. I have always been a loner.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbm
    Same here....to me that is not weird. I see alot of women "shopping" by themselves. I have tried the other way and it seems U R always looking for what aisle they are in. I am not much for others having to wait on me...so call me weird...I just say "yep" "Smile" walk away :)

lo, my huby calls me a hermetess cause I do'not have a" tell anything to friend." I'am just comfortable in my own skin , as they say. Don't like to shop with anyone, talk on the phone for long . If I'am weired then so be it. I'am happy. I do have good friends that I would do anything for and they would do anything for me but guess i"ve never felt the need for anything more.

I guess I'm a weirdo, I have friends and co-workers, but it seems we all lead busy lives and different schedules. I go shopping when I'm ready I don't like waiting, so yes another weirdo here.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast