women friends

Old 02-11-2011, 03:56 PM

What a relief to hear there are others like me. My husband just made a similar remark to me about 2 weeks ago. It hurt like everything.

From the responses here....Looks like there are a lot of us who are comfortable in our own skin. I have friends.... but no "real close" friends where I have to have someone to "do things with".

I chaulk it up to experiencing from a very young age that I'm in charge of my life/destiny. I like people.... but do not have to have them by my side in order for me to be happy.

Thanks for showing me.... I'm not by myself.

;-)
Old 02-11-2011, 04:21 PM

I'm in this catagory too. I do chat on the phone with my aunt a few times a month for a few hours at a time, with a friend in Montana about once a month for a short time. Other than that I really don't talk with people much. I do shop on occasion by myself or with DH.
Talk with my Gracie ( my dog ) when I feel I need an outlet, she is a very good listener & never has anything bad to say, just lots of kisses! :-)
Old 02-11-2011, 04:24 PM

Thanks for starting this thread. I had been wondering about myself and wondering if I was being too distance with life.

I don't care about sitting on the phone and yakking! Forget it!
I have a mixture of male/female friends. Variety

I have friends in different groups which I mingle with all. Like church friends/classmates/coffee.tea buddies/neighbors.

if your happy then don't let it bother you!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:19 PM

No close friends here either, but its okay, I am content with myself. I enjoy being alone most of the time. I will never catch up or complete things I want to do in sewing room or in yardwork, but I will keep trying. Life is good!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:32 PM

I've never been one for close girl friends, I don't know anyone who sews or does miniatures so I really don't have any interest in whatever they'd want to talk about.
I can't imagine what people think to say when they have a cell phone to their ear almost all their waking hours. I don't think I'd want to be the one listening to it cause I have a short attention span.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:32 PM

sorry for the double post
Old 02-11-2011, 06:07 PM

I don't think you're weird. When I need to go shopping, I just go by myself. I think what turned me off from going out with friends or family to go shopping is while growing up. When I went shopping with my mom and aunts, we would be standing in the same spot for at least half an hour it seemed like. No body could make up their mind on what they wanted! It drove me crazy! Don't get me wrong, I like to "look around" while shopping, but usually I know what I want by making a list. Especially when I go to the fabric stores, or I leave without what I really went to get. lol
Old 02-11-2011, 07:10 PM

My DH is my best friend, has been for almost 40 years. I'm pretty much a loner, and a very private person. I'm happy doing things by myself. If there is one person I enjoy being with other than my DH, it's my older sister, but she lives in California, and I'm here in Indiana. We see each other maybe every 2-3 years.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:22 PM

I'm the same way also. I can spend time sewing with girl friends, but that's about it. I get along better with men, could be the only girl w/3 brothers and 22 years in the Navy in a male dominated job.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:29 PM

I suppose I fit the bill as well! I have friends or "acquaintances" that I enjoy, but I don't have a bossom buddy so to speak. I had enjoyed my mother's company to shop with as we liked poking around looking and many times not buying a thing but lunch! Now I mostly shop by myself or with my husband. I am happy with this and enjoy my own company! But.... I don't consider myself weird or odd, just content in my own company. :)